Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Gazpacho posted:

thats not it

it fuckin is now, deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
yall are misinterpreting the quote what it means by comparable to ace ventura is that its extremely racist homophobic and transphobic from a modern perspective

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

that its extremely racist homophobic and transphobic from a modern perspective

To be fair, so is everything you've ever loved including stuff that was purposefully trying to be respectful.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

yall are misinterpreting the quote what it means by comparable to ace ventura is that its extremely racist homophobic and transphobic from a modern perspective

He's a space trucker, so I wouldn't accept Solo if he wasn't all those things

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I for one like ace venture pet detect

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
They've gone plaid!

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Literally A Person posted:

To be fair, so is everything you've ever loved including stuff that was purposefully trying to be respectful.

hey i like the ace ventura movies a lot but im sure you can see why disney might not want the directors to go in that direction right now

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

hey i like the ace ventura movies a lot but im sure you can see why disney might not want the directors to go in that direction right now

Totally. It just had to be said.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

WatermelonGun posted:

Really hoping cannibal corpse is the cantina band

blaster smashed face :rock:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

*Han visits Chewbacca in an Imperial brig*
"Come on, you need human contact, touch it"
"Rauuwwwgh"
*Han sets blaster down, unbuttons vest"
"I KNOW HOW YOU'RE FEELING RIGHT NOW"
"RAUUUGGHHWWHHW RAUHH"
"I'M HERE FOR YOU" *presses chest against glass*
"RAUUUUGGGHHHGWGWHWGW" *pounds the glass with hairy fists*
"Oh Chewie!"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ace venture is such a toxic transphobic garbage fire....... He should have been happy and honored when he found out the woman he was making out with (and having sexuals with? I don't remember) was a transman.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Jarjar IS Palpatine
Palpatine IS jarjar!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's almost as if they weren't taking a movie about space wizards and magic with a main character who's name is a masturbation pun seriously.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
[in the most hosed up sounding, phlegmy geek lisp imaginable] yall are misinterpreting the quote what it means by comparable to ace ventura is that its extremely racist homophobic and transphobic from a modern perspective

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

[in the most hosed up sounding, phlegmy geek lisp imaginable]

lmbo if you don't mentally filter all posts in such a manner.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Neurosis posted:

while i generally agree some things were pretty cynical like diversity bingo and the reshoots they did because people might've been upset about terrorism (iirc there's still one vestige of this where a guy just blows himself up in the first attack on the stormtroopers which was funny). also cutting the longing tender stroke the dying asian blind dude gave his boyfriend for the chinese audience lolol. i gather the reshoots are what led to the main chick's really hammy speeches. vader going apeshit on the rebels in the corridor was cool because it was totally unexpected.

I also like that lame joke he makes. Like sure, he's an unstoppable murder machine and the human embodiment of raw primal fear, but he's also a huge dork.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I wasn't interested in a young Han solo movie before this but if it's even half as good as this thread I'd watch the poo poo out of it

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

hmmm so they replaced lord & miller (funny and creative) with ron howard (joyless dreck)

makes sense

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Star wars is bad, so this makes sense

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Han Solo (talking with butt cheeks): She's rear end enough for you, old man!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
of course it's going to be a bad movie, it's a loving cash grab bullshit thing by Disney

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

numberoneposter posted:

Hey, guys. Oh, Bantha Milk, huh? All right... Well, see you later!

This made me laugh way harder than it should have.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

OUR EWOK'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Can't wait for the scene where the storm trooper drinks Han solos piss haha

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Han Solo steps out of trash compactor, dripping wet, and visibly exhausted. "Do not! go in there" he shouts while catching his breath. Princess Leia rolls her eyes. Dan Marino and Darth Vader can be seen through the window in the background. They are circling one another with light sabers at the ready.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
What Disney wants: A dark, gritty take on Han Solo that allows him to rattle off snarky quips with his budy, Lando Calrissian. Han's parents will also have included a flaw in the Death Star design that will allow him to fly a YT freighter near the trench without anyone noticing it.

What the world needs: Lando pretending that Han is his mentally-handicapped brother at the Imperial Funny Farm, and having the former distract the guards while a tutu-clad Han wanders around looking for his sidekick and best friend, Chewbacca.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
They should've made a movie on whatever happened to the female Yoda (Yaddle) from the Phantom Menace. She's in that movie and is absent from Attack of the Clones. People demand to know what happened to Yaddle.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Yaddle could be in the Han Solo movie. Maybe she will hire Han to return her pet bantha, but she can't pay him so she just blows him. With the Force.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kuato posted:

They should've made a movie on whatever happened to the female Yoda (Yaddle) from the Phantom Menace. She's in that movie and is absent from Attack of the Clones. People demand to know what happened to Yaddle.

She read the script for Clone Wars and decided to kill herself I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

reignofevil posted:

She read the script for Clone Wars and decided to kill herself I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

:rip:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Actually, the ending of the film was going to explain the comedic nature of the film:

Han Solo gets shot by a guy in an alley who steps out of the shadows and examines the features of the man he just shot.

"Close enough," while rifling through Solo's pockets for his credis and ID.

Solo weakly pulls his blaster out, fires, and misses. For this, he is shot again and again until he's a smoldering corpse. The man looks at the ID.

"'Han Solo', huh...? I guess I can live with that." The gunman walks through the shadows as a light flashes on his face revealing him to be a young, CG'd Harrison Ford

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

JediTalentAgent posted:

Actually, the ending of the film was going to explain the comedic nature of the film:

Han Solo gets shot by a guy in an alley who steps out of the shadows and examines the features of the man he just shot.

Solo weakly pulls his blaster out, fires, and misses. For this, he is shot again and again until he's a smoldering corpse. The man looks at the ID.

"'Han Solo', huh...? I guess I can live with that." The gunman walks through the shadows as a light flashes on his face revealing him to be a young, CG'd Harrison Ford

:golfclap:

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

JediTalentAgent posted:

That'd be good. Better than whatever we're getting with the current direction

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

JediTalentAgent posted:

"'Han Solo'? Seriously?" The gunman makes a sarcastic jerk-off motion with his hand in the shadows as a light flashes on his face revealing him to be a young, CG'd Harrison Ford

:jerkbag:

that way we get the masturbation joke spelled out for us so no one misses it and feels bad about themselves for not being smart :(

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol do people actually give a poo poo about star wars anymore in any serious way

the whole thing has been complete dog poo poo since like 1997

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

lol do people actually give a poo poo about star wars anymore in any serious way

the whole thing has been complete dog poo poo since like 1997

That was the year I watched the star wars it's still pretty fresh to me.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Star Wars has this constant Marvel fanboy-esque thing now and it's so god drat played out and boring and i'm so sick of it and posting about it that i'm just not going to post anymore about it bye

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I tried rewatching A New Hope as an adult

Boy, that movie loving sucks rear end. You spend the first 30 minutes following around a boring effeminate robot, and then some more boring poo poo happens. Lucas better be sending half his check to John Williams and the other half to his wife, who had to edit that garbage in to something semi-coherent.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Blue Star posted:

Was anyone even looking forward to this movie? At least making it an outright comedy would make it unique and different, possibly really entertaining too. But nah we're just going to get a mediocre movie instead.
There's a chance it could be decent but the premise is boring as gently caress. Oh, let's explore what Han Solo did when he was young!

It was the stuff he did in the original trilogy! That was young Han Solo, goddammit!

Also re: expanded universe weasels I believe he hosed one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

ElGroucho posted:

I tried rewatching A New Hope as an adult

Boy, that movie loving sucks rear end. You spend the first 30 minutes following around a boring effeminate robot, and then some more boring poo poo happens. Lucas better be sending half his check to John Williams and the other half to his wife, who had to edit that garbage in to something semi-coherent.

He did send part of his check to Steven Spielberg.

• Locked thread