Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I find it really sad that they have this huuuuuge universe to do anything they want in, three different eras and time periods for said universe and then just keep rehashing either characters or events we already loving know.

I mean it's a giant sci-fantasy sandbox in which they could drat near to Goddamn anything. If this movie was trying to be a road trip comedy maybe that's what they needed.

Rasta_Al posted:

I hope they ruin it so bad that nerds poo poo themselves. gently caress this cash grab garbage. Lol

Actually they should have just declared it a remake of Pet Detective AND the Han Solo movie. What if Han found pets, in spaccccceeeee?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Time_pants posted:

The last new Star Wars movie I'll ever watch was The Force Awakens because they made it abundantly clear that their goal was to keep repackaging the exact same movie again and again, and they weren't even really going to put any effort into hiding it anymore.

I think the biggest tell above all was how the on-the-ropes Imperials still had tons of money to make super massive polished organizations while the LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT pretty much had a rebel fleet because they couldn't get past the idea of rebels vs empire, even though the good guys WERE the empire this time

• Locked thread