Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Dude! Where's my falcon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ace venture is such a toxic transphobic garbage fire....... He should have been happy and honored when he found out the woman he was making out with (and having sexuals with? I don't remember) was a transman.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Can't wait for the scene where the storm trooper drinks Han solos piss haha

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
George Lucas is the only one who sees star wars for what it really is

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Young Han Solo, in the orphanage inside the under construction death star:

"please sir, I want some more.... "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Time_pants posted:

It's weird that Disney have such a bug up their butts about making Star Wars serious and "epic." Star Wars movies have been wearing out their welcome since 1998, and thus far they all have the same look, tone, and feel. It's super loving weird because with their other multi-billion-dollar movie franchise, the MCU, they've shown incredible willingness to release movies that are way different (better) than the serious-as-9/11 superhero drama of Captain America.

The first Iron Man was basically a rom-com, Guardians of the Galaxy was a camp space opera, Doctor Strange was a special effects extravaganza that was so aggressively weird that I'm surprised half the audience didn't walk out after the first hour, Deadpool was R-rated juvenile comedy and ultraviolence, Ant Man was literally just a Paul Rudd comedy with a funny-looking suit, and Thor is... something. I don't know.

Maybe a handful of these movies were any good at all, but they keep getting me to sit down on the couch and commit 2 hours to way, way more movies than I expected because they promise something different and drat if they don't deliver. They're not cinematic masterpieces by any stretch, but the farther they get from the boilerplate superhero movie, the better they tend to be.

The last new Star Wars movie I'll ever watch was The Force Awakens because they made it abundantly clear that their goal was to keep repackaging the exact same movie again and again, and they weren't even really going to put any effort into hiding it anymore.

Movie franchises are bad and they should go away.

this guy just happily lapping up the putrid runoff from the decaying trash on a dumpster......... "oh star wars? How gauche"

• Locked thread