Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A Lando prequel is cool

A Han Solo prequel is lame

But the Han Solo trilogy of novels was great he gets drugged by Boba Fett and becomes best friends with Jabba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Disney keeps hiring all these visionary directors with distinct styles and then freaking out when they dare put their stamp on their precious Star Wars license. Disney needs to chill the gently caress out.

Welcome to Hollywood of the past decade

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Rogue One well enough. It looked and felt like it fit in the classic Star Wars universe and that's honestly all I needed for a couple hours entertainment. I wish the characters had been more fleshed out, but it serves to lend some more weight to the plight of the Rebellion, and it was pretty cool to have a new story set with classic storm troopers and the like. I think people like RLM think the film is more cynical than it is, and while it may not be a mindblowing film, it's got a lot of cool scenes and I liked the sarcastic robot.

• Locked thread