Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

FuriousxGeorge posted:

https://www.thoughtco.com/members-of-congress-supported-by-facebook-3367615

I'm thinking independent run if he runs. He's donated to too many Republicans to survive waltzing in to a Democratic primary potentially full of names like Sanders, Warren, or Biden. (Or even a Hillary, "Miss me yet?" 2020 attempt) He fails both the leftist and centrist purity tests. He can't win a Republican primary when basically his only solid political position is disagreeing with Trump on immigration.

But he will win if he runs as an independent. Especially if he really wants to legalize it.

the age of things mattering as objective concepts, or as predictors of future outcomes, has ended. zuck could easily run as the Dem nominee; if their 2020 pool of applicants consists of has-beens and never-rans (as it looks right now), the neo-liberal portion of the DNC will glom onto zuck with a suction greater than the vacuum of space. besides, we've already learned that a billionaire can straight lie about anything/everything and still be elected to the highest office in the govt., so it's not like it'll be hard for him to dismiss any actual facts about his prior political leanings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

FuriousxGeorge posted:

e: Actually now that I think of it I don't think Zuck can win. Country won't be able to imagine him as CINC of the military. Someone like Trump can exploit that.

lol in no scenario does the US look at zuck, after four years of tromp insanity, and say "there's no way this guy could be the CIC of the military! he wouldn't even threaten our closest foreign allies with nuclear annihilation because of the imaginary enemies and perceived slights that haunt his psyche every waking moment"

I'm not saying he'd be a good choice, or particularly effective, but I have strong doubts about your specific assertion