Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

The Shep posted:

I hum melodies in my head all day at work and record them to an audio app on my phone when something catchy comes to mind. Then when I have time, I go home and jam out a guitar riff to match the melody or chorus. Then I build the verse and song structure around that. Lyrics are always last and I just fit them in around the song structure, they're the least important part of the song to me.

I'm far more productive this way than when I used to just sit down with a guitar for hours and have nothing to show for it. Time is too precious nowadays to waste doing that. I only sit down with instruments when I have a clear idea in my head of what the song should sound like.

This x 100000

Edit: Except while showering or making GBS threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread