Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I believe that people who like other teams cannot drink as much beer as I can, and the women they couple with are displeasing to behold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Hopefully Spooner doesn't point to that and ask for that much from Boston.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Benson Cunningham posted:

I don't understand hockey salary anymore in an era where Sheary and Dumoulin are both going to get 4m+.

Sheary scored 53 points in 61 games. This was a big breakout year for him but even if he's really only a 40-50 point player over a full 82 games, 4-5M is a reasonable deal.

I don't know poo poo about Dumoulin but 4M seems fine if he's a reliable second pairing guy?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

JoelJoel posted:

It's cool to be a dick to Canadians before ever playing a single game. Not like they watch much hockey anyway.

ahahaha

sorry, sorry. you're right. it's not funny of them to make 100% true statements and do the rolling eye emoji as a way to be appealing to the new fanbase they hope to establish a loyal following with.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
if you ask me, it's pretty stupid and short-sighted of vegas to alienate the potential "buy a hat online and go to one game every 2 or 3 years" market by making a joke that will appeal to people who live in the city

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Spooner got a 1 year deal for 2.825 which is less than I thought he would. Boston should probably stop jerking him around and figure out what to do, though.

Also, sign Pasta already Sweeney. What the gently caress.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I didn't stop when Thornton, Kessel, Seguin, or Hamilton were traded so realistically I never will.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

glynnenstein posted:

I very pointedly stopped giving the NHL/Caps money after the most recent lockout, but it would be really hard for me to stop being a fan of the team.

And by really hard I mean I'm still a Redskins fan.

Caps games are fun you should go again

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I hope the habs never win a cup again

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Any team that hasn't won a cup in the past decade is garbage

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Why isn't Pastrnak signed yet Jesus Christ Sweeney get it together. Give him whatever the wants.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the olympics are going to suck

it'll be kind of cool if the US just brings a bunch of college kids, though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Levitate posted:

The NCAA would probably disqualify anyone who went because the NCAA sucks

I would think the NCAA would have a boner over the potential for college kids to repeat 1980 (they wouldn't, though).

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

bewbies posted:

I feel like an NCAA all star team would walk over an Olympics with no NHL contract players but I have little data to support this.

Also remember the 1994 Olympics, those were good despite the lack of NHL guys.

Yeah. I think a NCAA team would actually do really well, but Russia with a KHL all-star team is probably better.

I haven't really been keeping up with the olympics drama since Bettman said the NHL isn't going. Did they ever announce anything about teams like Washington who've said they'd let their stars go anyway? Cause if Washington lets Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Orlov go then I think Russia takes the olympics in a walk.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
You only have to be 16 to participate in the Olympics. If you're not using any players with NHL deals, just NCAA/Juniors then I think Canada and the US could still be competitive.

Like, say the NHL didn't go to Sochi. Using the current rules team USA could have brought: Eichel, Matthews, Gaudreau, Galchenyuk, Jones, Trouba, Gostisbehere, Trocheck, Hayes, Gibson, and Hellebuyck to name a few. Sure they would have been younger but the raw talent is there to be competitive against a bunch of other countries who also can't bring NHLers, I think. They would certainly beat an ECHL team.

I'm sure you can do the same experiment for Canada and come up with a pretty solid team.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 8, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
they definitely got their rear end kicked but they were also playing against peak performance Tuukka Rask

the 2014 Olympics sucked though. The only interesting thing I remember is the USA-Russia shootout.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I want Boston to sign Jagr or Vanek but they have to get Pastrnak done first. Not sure if other teams are in similar boats with RFAs.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bad list

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I woke up and I'm still angry about the dang list!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
he's literally parroting an Eklund rumor from earlier today

https://twitter.com/Eklund/status/897135539035537408

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
but anyway if they do trade him i'm fuckin done

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm sure it's just a way to churn up discussion and get people excited about nothing. You'd think Pastrnak would have signed a long time ago considering Boston's cap situation (they have plenty of money for him). So on the face of it, it might seem possible. He's said he loves Boston though, he's a fan favorite, he goes on team trips to China and all that. Everything suggests he wants to stay and the team wants him to as well.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bet Pastrnak signs now that his best comparable got locked up.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jordan7hm posted:

For how much?

I think he gets something like 6 years/42M personally.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Richmond or DC could work for me

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

JawKnee posted:

no I meant why sign with the canucks

he's from Vancouver and also it's probably easier to make the NHL on a lovely team

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'd imagine it's tough to be a hometown player in a Canadian market too.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Also, it would be great if the Bruins could just give Pastrnak whatever he wants already. Get it done. Come on.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

a false posted:

what if what he wants is to play for the new york rangers

then i am going to kill myself

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it's crazy how he makes Marchand, one of the better two-way guys in the league, look stupid multiple times in the video. Maybe Brad's been partying too much this summer.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Iginla hit a wall real fast. He was still a 20 goal/50pt forward, for Colorado even, as recently as 2015-16.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
i will be sending DMs every day to the Bruins twitter account asking them to tell sweeney to sign pastrnak either until am blocked or a deal is completed. i will become a thorn in the side of management. i will be labeled internally as "a disgruntled fan"

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If I can survive Thornton, Kessel, Seguin, and Hamilton, you can survive some loving sub-30 point kid walking

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

violent sex idiot posted:

kailer yamamoto is going to score 90 points playing with connor and win the calder

actually Charlie McAvoy or Clayton Keller is going to win it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I've come to accept the fact that the Bruins are going to give Pastrnak a bridge deal and 2 years from now he's gonna get 11mil a year because Sweeney is a retard.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/GlobeKPD/status/901168435400462336

no mention of how many years it is over. Pasta is cool and good and should hold out for every penny he can get from the team paying David Backes 6m a year for 4 more years

They should just give him exactly what Draisaitl got. That's perfectly fine to me.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I just want Pasta signed for the next 8 years.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm a homer, admittedly, but imo Pastrnak is going to be a Rocket Richard contender every year for the foreseeable future and the Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line is so dominant it's hard to believe. The Bruins should not be playing hardball with the kid.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Leafs are gonna be good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
That list actually seems ok to me? Maybe shuffle some people around I guess.

• Locked thread