Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i want to live in the unfathomable world where joe thornton takes 1.5m a year on his next deal. maybe after that, i could be brave enough to dip my toes into the world where he decides to do it for the new york rangers

he's still producing at 5v5 like a 2c still and his fancies are as usual real drat good. i hope he does want to ring chase on the cheap, and i hope he signs a two million dollar contract to center the pens third line next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yes I'm sure whatever team signs 38 year old Joe Thornton to a 3 year $14 million dollar deal is going to be thrilled

for 2 years of it, yeah.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whatis posted:

Murray deserves some blame for never putting together a solid defense, but the Pysyk/Kulikov trade only became an issue because of an unfortunate injury to Kulikov. Pysyk isn't exactly good

yes he is, pysyk kicks rear end. he's great in the neutral zone and at defending his blue line, and the panthers give up fewer scoring chances when he is out there. plus he is very cheap. and in fact kulikov is very bad, with or without injury and the badness is enhanced by his turrible contract

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whatis posted:

kulikov was making just north of 4 million per year on a 3 year contract. you have to stretch the definition of "turrible" pretty far

paying 4 million for a guy who is giving you worse production than a third pairing guy is pretty turrible.

whatis posted:

in the year 2017, players are judged by how blue the bars on their graph are

in the year 2017, players are judged by their on-ice impact. it's not like those blue bars are just poo poo pulled out of the air

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

2016: desperately spend in an effort to win despite all odds
2017: cut the salary!!!!

i hate vinny viola

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

turns out he stinks without campbell and with all the brain damage! hockey rules

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thanks to yaya for showing me this, leafs gonna leaf

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/881627431521714179

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

and the rotten, half-chewed cherry on top:

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/881628228531752960

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I don't disagree with any of that but I think people need to rememeber how hosed up Florida was with injuries. Coupled with having a stable coaching situation I don't think they're suddenly an awful team. They're probably not better though.

they lost a bunch of forward depth and have failed to adequately replace it. its bad

out: jokinen, smith, marchesseault, jagr, vanek
in: dadonov, vrbata.

bad.

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 4, 2017

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

jokinen sucked last year and Vanek was a rental that played 20 games.

They still have to add 5 players to their roster. I'm sure they can find a couple of 25 point forwards to do what Jokinen and Vanek did.

The only piece they've actually lost and not covered is Jagr meanwhile they hopefully have Huberdeau for more than 30 games and Bjugstad could unfuck himself.

Again they aren't better but they aren't actually worse than where they were last year.

they lost 5 of their top 6 wingers and have signed 2 replacements. its nice to say jussi sucked and vanek was a rental but both of them were real human beings and both played hockey on a team that already had awful forward depth and are no longer there, with nobody replacing them.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Is there a bigger bust of a 1OA than YakCity? gently caress, how far his stock done fell.

gord kluzak, maybe patrick stefan, definitely the 3 guys from the 60s who never played in the nhl

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

We over at the SAS Fantasy Draft thread creep ever closer to reaching our goals. For only 30 minutes a day of your time, you can save the empty, hockey-less soul of a suffering fan. The offseason quiet is coming soon, and it is going to come hard and through the ever-powerful bonds of fantasy drafting, we can chase away the despair. Please come join us, we only need 9 teams to get the draft started up!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

FBS posted:

Are you still cool with people who drop out in the late teen rounds and sheepishly check the thread a month later to find that nobody noticed they quit making picks?

we noticed, we just stepped over your body and carried on. and yeah gently caress it, come on down

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/887305848820781056

Just Pay The Man, Doug. don't let it be like PK. don't you see the similarities?! ParayKo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I think if he's asking for 4.85 on a one year, his desires for 5+ years are not going to be too outlandish. they have pending RFAs next season in Fabbri, Jaskin, Edmundson, Sundqvist, and Bennett, and the only major UFA loss is Stastny who they're going to be able to replace for cheaper. in 19-20, they have 3 D hitting UFA and a Chris Thornburn loss to handle. they don't have a lot of cap space but they are in a good position to devote the bulk of it to the Parayko contract and still leave a bit of maneuverability at the deadline and room next year with Stastny leaving. I don't see him saying no to anything above 5 million for 5 years and they can probably end up getting him lower than that. I pulled up a list of contract comparisons on CapFriendly and that would seem to fit in with how the league values players like him. sign this man, Doug

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

gallant sucks, but so do the owners and the front office

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

they probably aren't too thrilled with the Sekera and Russell contracts either

e: i forgot to apply the Edmonton Modifier and new evidence shows that in fact they love all 3 of these contracts, and believe they have built a contender for years to come

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

and now back to news that could actually affect the outcome of the season,

wild winning the cup with matt cullen boy i tell you what

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/GlobeKPD/status/901168435400462336

no mention of how many years it is over. Pasta is cool and good and should hold out for every penny he can get from the team paying David Backes 6m a year for 4 more years

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

In what world is AA worth 3.9M and a second round pick? He's a good player, but he's a 24 year old middle 6, likely bottom 6, player who shot 15% last season.

his career AHL shooting percent right now is 14. over 37 games in 15-16 in the NHL, he shot 17%. maybe... maybe this guy just shoots good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

for the analytics goons, corsica tentatively relaunching september 30th

whoo. i've found a lot of other neat sites with the loss of corsica but it was the easiest and most functional and had a fuckin ton of data

• Locked thread