Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

Tampa no! Not all Rangers castoffs are good!

steve yzerman if you're reading this they actually are all extremely good, especially marc staal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

If they're making a push for him like they did with Vesey last summer who was rumored to be headed to Broadway, yeah, it's sniping.

tbf i seem to recall that at first everyone thought vesey was going to chicago

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i remember nyr being in on him from the beginning but i think everyone thought the odds on favorite was chicago. or maybe some other team, but not the rangers at first.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

i mean marleau definitely isn't as good as thornton at this point but it wouldn't completely kill me to have him for 2 years i guess. he can still score

that does feel like a really rangers move though - i remember him being linked to the rangers at like 7 different trade deadlines

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

whatis posted:

I've seen the chart. He's 22, he's been deployed like poo poo by three separate garbage coaches spanning the entirety of his career, and Buffalo as a team has been unable to score at 5on5 for about 4 years now. It's dumb and premature to say he's MAB. If Housley is the least bit competent, Risto will be fine.

if there's anybody who should know something about bleeding shots, it's phil housley

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
ive decided that the rangers should sign andrej nestrasil as 4c and joe thornton as 3c

kreider - zibanejad - buchnevich
miller - hayes - vesey
zuccarello - thornton - nash
grabner - nestrasil - fast

make it happen jeff

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that third line would definitely be the first line

ideally the first three lines are basically interchangeable on the depth chart

Levitate posted:

and convince shattenkirk to take a big discount to sign here as wlel

that too, but if we get rid of staal we don't need him to take a discount at all

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
seems beneficial for both sides, pominville is basically a salary dump at this point right?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Mind_Taker posted:

Pominville still had 40 even strength points and strong possession numbers last year so he's more than just a salary dump from Buffalo's perspective.

huh, i feel like i remember people talking about minnesota potentially burying him in the minors

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

lol ok whatever

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

supposedly Pavelec isn't that bad if you "adjust for shot quality" but those statemnts make me nervous

i feel like he's a guy who's always had a lot of technical expertise but never put it all together so maybe he just needs some of that Benoit Allaire Magic. i looked at the other ufa goalies and there's uh, not really much out there this year so i guess this is as good as anything.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

lol I just looked at Dan Girardi's HERO chart and he doesn't even have a visible bar for shot suppression

So bad

e: ownthepuck only goes back to 2010-2011 but Staal's numbers take a big noticeable dive after he got that bad concussion from his brother that took forever to recover from.

We Have Our Own Analytics

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Drunk Canuck posted:

Holy poo poo Lou.

We're going for it.

that doesn't seem like a very good way to "go for it"

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
that sure is a lot of money

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
that is a good deal for nj, but, correct me if i'm wrong, the devils are still not Good

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

uh holy poo poo

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
that seems like a good deal for hemsky

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

that's by far the least bad move that the habs have made over the last few days

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

hifi posted:

what happened with lindberg? he was great when he put up, uh, 28 points, and now bad when he puts up 20? i guess in his first season he had like five goals in 3 games and then coasted off that?

where are you getting any of that from other than the point totals? he was really good when he got fully healthy last year and was one of the rangers' better players down the stretch and into the playoffs. rangers fans didn't want to lose him in the expansion draft

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

yellowcar posted:

You're thinking of Viktor Fasth.

jesper fast(h) used to spell it that way at the time he was drafted and for maybe a year or two after that, but then he changed it

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

fits posted:

somewhere mikael granlund perked up

i really wish i'd never have lost that picture

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i think he'll be ok

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

DJExile posted:

Salty is at least better than creepy. go back to that pls

the guy's name is - get this - "bewbies"

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

bewbies posted:

I don't think the attractive ladies who voluntarily posed nude in a magazine need you to white knight for them.

this guy loves the boobs on women so much that he named himself after the concept of them, on the internet

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
[whilst being approached by the police for jacking off on the beach] these fuckin white knights are always trying to ruin my completely normal appreciation of the female form

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
the mediocre rangers sb nation blog has been doing player report cards and they did theirs on nick holden today where he predictably got a pretty poor grade and they included a video of nick holden making a bad play; but what is interesting here is what jesper fast does on the play:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NM6...olden_pinch.gif

look at fast trying to push stepan into the play (too late to have an effect) - is that a regular thing that players do that i've just never noticed? is there any way for that to ever be useful? do you think stepan was even aware that it was a teammate doing that? i'm really confused by everything that is going on here

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i'm not sure how i'd never noticed that happening before, weird

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ThinkTank posted:

Speaking of which, I like Elias Pettersson for exactly those reasons

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883139480873443328
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883154256265527297
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/883160140899246081

He was excellent in the prospects game last night and for a moment a solitary ray of sunshine burst through the gloomy canopy of my soul.

those are cool but boy is that some indifferent defense on the first one

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
yeah as much as i like lias andersson as a prospect i would've liked pettersson to fall to the rangers. he's going to be good

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Kilza posted:

:siren: The Oilers signed an NHL UFA! :siren:

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/883347899811217414

Really happy with this. :toot:

really wanted him on the rangers :[

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Hand Knit posted:

Tried to barn fight Kevin Lowe over offer sheeting Dustin Penner.

this is one of the best things anyone has done in hockey

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Hand Knit posted:

How many of the top 10 things in hockey history are some version of off-ice confrontation? Because there's Terry O'Reilly going into the crowd, the Flyers fan going into the box to fight Tie Domi, and, while they don't make the overall list, I love Tortorella at the Flames dressing room and injured as gently caress Darcy Tucker going from the press box to rinkside to try and get at Cam Janssen after Janssen hit Kaberle.

i also enjoy patrick roy breaking the bench partition in anger in his like, first game as head coach. and robbie ftorek throwing the bench onto the ice (which resulted in a bench minor)

also most of them weren't what you'd call confrontations and did to a certain extent involve on-ice things, but like, everything roger neilson ever did

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
he's still worth 4 mil for 1 season, probably

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
no story that ends with the pens winning the cup is a good story

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

Fine with me, if he makes it they can do the 9 games thing? Or is he old enough for the AHL? Jensen hosed off to Russia and Hartford could probably use the help after losing Hrivik.

I'm really liking both he and Chytil. Seems like GMJG and Co did a good job.

there have already been a bunch of good ahl vet guys signed for hartford. at any rate i think andersson can play in the ahl because he's been playing in sweden.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

Rangers signed their other 1st round pick, Filip Chytil

Almost certainly will slide his contract for the 2 years they get with him since he was one of the youngest in the draft, but it'll be more a question of whether he goes back to the Czech league to play against men or goes to the CHL

i'd like it if they could get him into one of the better euro leagues tbh. don't really love the idea of him going to the chl

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

corn on the cop posted:

wasn't curtis lazar touted as a safe pick

i seem to recall that. i also remember him being called a top notch work ethic and character guy, which is maybe what led people to believe he was safe, because guys who work that hard are always going to will themselves to the nhl or some poo poo

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

Rangers signed some goalie named Georgiev :shrug:

he's only 21 and was really good in lüga last year and people seem to think he's the odds on favorite to be hartford's starter. seems like a good potential backup option if pavelec falters as well. i like the signing.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Jersey and ice ads are terrible and I hate them, but I'll live with it if the extra money means it costs less for me to buy a ticket.

hahahah ha ... haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i don't visually mind ads on jerseys but i don't support the continued encroachment of advertising into things that don't already contain it and i think it's perfectly understandable when people have come to live with it where it's already been for however long, but don't want it to expand.

also i think that you're probably for the most part talking to people who don't like the racist caricatures and think that they should go away

• Locked thread