Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Top Shelf Hockey: Happy Birthday Jumbo!

Jumbo: OOOOOKAY PARDNER *rotates 180 degrees and rides mower off into horizon*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

The entirety of Thornton's retirement plan involves riding that mower around in a big field from sun up to sun sun down smiling to himself. :unsmith:

I hope they let him ride it into the stadium and he just stands up from it once he reaches the ice in full gear

"my feet will never touch the dirt again"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kilza posted:

:stare:

I mean, I get that it's one year, but $8 mil? Holy poo poo.

$8 mil to invite the modern Paul Bunyan to play hockey, I mean, I'd say that's a bargain

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Rockets are up for sale in Houston, someone please get some money together and buy them and clear the way for an NHL team here right away, tia

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress :smith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/896773095733833732

This is an amazingly bad list of projected goals/assists/points.

I've looked over this four or five times now as closely as I can I just don't understand how they got to all these fuckin numbers

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/W_Brettzky30/status/906947953948061697

:drat:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

shyduck posted:

Looks familiar

I better see Elliott charging at people this season

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Patrick will get a hattrick and the Philadelphia Flyers will win the Stanley Cup you heard it here first folks

(make sure to bookmark this post so when we actually win four years from now you will all know how right I was)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

my bold NHL prediction this year is that the Flyers are a bottom 5 team because Elliott is going to suck again

:wrong: Elliott will deliver us to the Tastykake promised land and everyone will be happy

everyone

:smith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

You forget about super awesome starting goaltender Michael Neuvirth to take on the load if Elliot tanks.

.....the flyers will never have good goaltending.

correction, we did have good goaltending :eng101:, unfortunately it will be a while before we ever see it again

Speaking of Flyers goaltending, I was talking with my friend about some of the other goalie carousels we've had in the past and he mentioned Ray Emery and holy poo poo I had legit forgotten he was with the team into 2015, for some reason that seems like a decade ago.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cool time to watch the flyers play-

quote:

The content you are viewing is blacked out in your region.

lol fffffffffffuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mark Friedman looks really loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Could also be very not good.

• Locked thread