Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

I can't decide how I'd feel about them signing Joe Thornton to something like 1 year at 2 million or 2 years at 1.5 million. Yeah, he's old as gently caress, but that's Tanner Glass money and he'd still be an upgrade on Tanner Glass.

lol

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yes I'm sure whatever team signs 38 year old Joe Thornton to a 3 year $14 million dollar deal is going to be thrilled

Sounds pretty reasonable for a guy who's gonna put up at least 50 pts against tough competition

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Is Kovy any good still anyway?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/880959559208230914
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/880959744869113856

Despite Chiarelli saying any offer sheet will be matched, I can guarantee you there will be no offer sheet to Draisaitl because NHL GMs hate giving offer sheets now, even though this is one of the better times to offer sheet a player.

the nhl is such a boring loving league

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

what a boring free agency

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Kilza posted:

This is a clearly a sign to stop relying on those gosh dang fancy stats and spreadsheets!!! Watch the games nerd!!

why even watch the games even? just get hot takes from your local beat writer instead

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Where can I buy a Marleau Leafs shirzee? I looked at the NHL online shop and it's not even listed (also $40 for a t shirt lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Habibi posted:

I saw him and one of his sons watching the classes my kid is participating in at Sharks Ice this morning. He looked sad.

So like normal then

• Locked thread