Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Croaby
Malkin
Guentzel

Poor pens, who will they ever get to play down the middle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Member when Iggy and Lecavalier fought in the cup finals? That was beautiful. :allears:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^ :lol:

Levitate posted:

He's overrated and will be expensive. Pass

He managed a 30 goal season with these avs. I'm sure he'll do fine on an NHL team.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Offside challenge, looks onside to everyone. Refs say it isn't and award a penalty, that penalty leads to cup winning goal.

I like it.

Seriously, tho, if I was a ref I'd hate this. There's already enough pressure in them to not gently caress up. This just adds another layer of poo poo they can and will gently caress up.

As a fan I'm fine with it. Those skate hovering 1cm above the blue line let's review for 25 min calls are brutal. Plus more panties is good (even if they're dumb penalties).

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ElwoodCuse posted:

The whole point of replay is to get more calls right and if you are going to disincentivize that, don't loving bother having it at all

Cost, benefit. I'd love to have super computers to get every call right immediately. Until then, I don't like the action grinding to a halt once or twice a panty.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

A Typical Goon posted:

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Connor -Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Armia
Hendricks - Copp - Dano

Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Byfuglien
Enstrom - Myers

Mason
Hellebuyck

I really dig this roster. Goaltending leaves something to be desired but who loving cares about goaltending. Hopefully they stink bad out of the gate and Maurice gets the boot in favour of like literally anyone else real quick.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Being in the Central doesn't help much either.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I love the brilliant logic of goes: guy plays hockey all his life QED he must be good at any position with the word 'hockey' in it.

Speaking of idiots running things, are there any women working in the NHL in any meaningful capacity? I have a faint memory of a woman assistant trainer or something for a big club but a cursory google search just brings up a thousands articles about that one pre-season game Rhéaume played in a quarter century ago.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

On the corporate side their current CMO (Marketing) is Heidi Browning. She used to work for Pandora.

Toronto hired Barbara Underhill as a skating coach a few years back but I don't know if she's still with them. She's probably the one you're thinking of.

Edit: Looks like she still is. This article is from June. She also works for Tampa.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/video-maple-leafs-skating-coach-teaches-canada-skate-backwards/

Dawn Braid is a skating coach in Arizona. She's considered the first actual coach, Underhill is more of a consultant I guess.

Neat, thanks. It's, uh, a start, I guess.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone with more time tighten up the lines and add colour, please.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm not a logo guy as far as my artistic talent goes, but I had to pay homage to this bad boy.

My man. Beautiful in every way.

E: k, now the rest please.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

My hand hurts...

I squealed like a child when I saw these. I love you.

Who needs an av?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Flipped a coin between you two. I'll try my hand at a philly one when I'm on the better side of a dozen beers tonight.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Scaramouche posted:

They got Nenshi'd

He coyly tweeted at them?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Krime posted:

I had a guy argue with me that Toronto is going to get a second team. "It would be just like the Mets and Yankees," he said.

So, there's always that option.

Lol, yeah, as long as MLSE plays nice. Along with, IIRC, like all the other teams withing a few hundred km.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Hamilton, baby. Our major junior team plays in a 17000 capacity arena.

All those Pittsburgh Penguin cups should be Hamilton Smog cups.

E: also, see above.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ginette Reno posted:

If you add the Nordiques he's 4th? Goulet, Statsny, and Sakic are ahead of him. Nobody else.

Uh, you totally sure about that?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ginette Reno posted:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/COL/leaders_career.html

Maybe we're talking about two different things. If we're talking about career points in the NHL, that's different. I'm talking about points with the franchise.

I read that as the most important players to the avs franchise. If we're talking just scoring he only ever managed 45, so no biggie.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

xzzy posted:

Especially considering that the inevitable conclusion is Futurama style fractions because the pool of numbers is always shrinking and every generation is going to have a "legendary player" that "deserves" to have their number retired.

Granted that problem is still a hundred years away but it should be obvious to anyone that thinks about it for more than 2 seconds.

Solution: emojis.

😬

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So I had to look that one up. The avs seriously retired Ray Bourque for his epic contribution of 15 regular season and 5 payoff goals? Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Send ovi to the pens to win a cup or two.

• Locked thread