Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Glambags posted:

Ok so the rangers still need centers and defenseman. Thank you to Jeff Gorton for restocking the pantry but we still need to put players on the ice. I am now very concerned that the rangers will be the rangers and sign aging free agents to bad deals now that they have cap space. *COUGHS* joe thornton

I can't decide how I'd feel about them signing Joe Thornton to something like 1 year at 2 million or 2 years at 1.5 million. Yeah, he's old as gently caress, but that's Tanner Glass money and he'd still be an upgrade on Tanner Glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Yes I'm sure whatever team signs 38 year old Joe Thornton to a 3 year $14 million dollar deal is going to be thrilled

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

grack posted:

More realistic than him signing with a non-contender like the Rangers for 2M/year.

I don't dispute this. At this point Thornton's in the "sign cheap with a contender to try to win a Cup" phase of his career. If the Rangers can convince him that they're still contenders (doubtful unless there's a lot of moves coming), I'd love to have him short term at that price.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
lol sorry Wonderllama

https://twitter.com/ejhradek_nhl/status/879841424694444037

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Levitate posted:

He seems like a good 3rd line center but yeah the money he's going to want for that is likely to be higher than it's worth.

Rangers are basically checking out all the available centers anyways it sounds like (Thornton, Marleau, Bonino). Not sure if they sign any of them depending on what the asking price is

I really hope we get Marleau because that's my dog's name (though spelled differently)

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Jeff make the Holden trade plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Levitate posted:

Man all the news this weekend sure has me fired up to have a vocal trump supporter on my favorite team :thumbsup:

Ugh, thanks for reminding me.

Though this inspired me to check out his Twitter to see just how vocal he is about that poo poo (lately, not very vocal, thank god), and stumbled upon this, which is basically a cleaned up NYCGUIDOVOICE post:

https://twitter.com/tonydee07/status/892560343247060992

• Locked thread