Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

zegermans posted:

so why'd the Knights grab Fleury instead of Mrazek

Aside from a deal being made months ago, Marc-Andre Fleury is genuinely the kind of personality you can market a team around. He was already doing youth hockey courses the night after the Expansion Draft and I've never seen any player have anything bad to say about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I feel like if there's any place Yak is going to get an opportunity, it's Vegas. Especially with how many defensemen they took over Forwards.

Also my hot take is that Hayley Wickenheiser deserves to have the waiting period for her induction into the HHoF waived. To women's hockey she's easily on the same level as players like Howe and Lemieux.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

the talent deficit posted:

sbisa is bad but he's an nhl player still. canucks fans hatred of him is mostly due to him being the 'prize' return in the kesler trade

He's a sub-average third pairing defenseman who's making far too much money. Until like, a week ago we all thought Bonino was the prize return from that trade.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
https://twitter.com/eddielack/status/880848733679738880

How could anybody dislike Eddie Lack

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
https://twitter.com/edmontonjournal/status/881617248783409152

No points for guessing which ownership lapdog wrote this article.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Drunk Canuck posted:

This deal is good because it ends around when the core has to sign their bridge deals. :getin:

Nylander, Matthews, and Marner are all RFAs before Marleau's contract is up.

Of course, because the CBA is loving busted at the moment, they'll just put Marleau on LTIR for the last year by saying he has Boneitis or some poo poo.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
6 million+ with a full NMC for a man who will be 38 years old at the start of the season and has failed to score 50 points in the past two seasons is not a good contract.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

JawKnee posted:

surprising that Vanek, Pirri, and Chisasson haven't been grabbed up yet. Asking for too much maybe?

To be honest whenever "why hasn't x been signed" comes up I just assume any sort of leverage they have has been drained and they're either going to either sign for way less than they're worth or we'll hear one of them has signed a PTO for Carolina or Vegas or something come September.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

FBS posted:

We're two days away from starting August, The Worst Month, and I'm on the Gamecenter archives trying to cure my withdrawal.

What were the most memorable games from your team's regular season? Gimme some fun games to go back and watch.

Literally the only good night in the entire Canucks season last year was the night Mattias Ohlund got inducted into the Canucks Ring of Honor on December 16th. They were against the Lightning and the crowd was super into it and chanting like crazy.

Every other home game the arena was extremely dead because nobody cared, but that night was fun.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Spring Break My Heart posted:

What the gently caress is that ask.

DeHaan is easily worth at least 4 million.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Me, when I hear the news: WOWY!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ThinkTank posted:

I remember waking up at 5am for the most boring championship game in the history of any sport ever.

I fell asleep playing Final Fantasy XIV while the game was going on in the background, it was so boring.

In contrast with the women's final, where OT started right as my high school's lunch period started and people were crowding around any TVs they could to watch.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Edmonton have to sign Darnell Nurse and a McDavid boosted Ryan Strome after this season, and the season after that, Puljujarvi and Talbot need new contracts. They currently have 8.3m in cap space and that's without McDavid's 12.5m contract.

That Lucic contract looks worse and worse.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is kinda left as the odd man out if and when they need to clear cap space so please look forward to David Staples' hit-piece article coming next summer

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I think for the Pre-Season this time around we should just have one GDT for the entire pre-season. Mainly because seeing 10+ GDTs all with less than 10 posts is kinda sad.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Hand Knit posted:

Which playoff series did actually break teams? The 2011 SCF seems like the obvious first choice, but what else? Maybe Leafs-Bruins 2013 but I don't know if the 2013 Leafs counted as not-broken to begin with.

I'd say 2012 where the Canucks won the President's Trophy again and got swept in the first round is what broke them, not 2011.

At least, that's what broke me.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Canucks prospect who I was very excited to watch this weekend Jonathan Dahlen has mono.

That's terrible for him, but it's also going to be very funny for people who aren't really paying attention and read that as Rasmus Dahlin having mono.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Canucks Youngstars tournament featuring the Canucks, Oilers, Flames & Jets prospects starts today so if you really think about it, hockey is already here.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

MononcQc posted:

* a finger belatedly curls on the monkey paw *

Michel Therrien is now a scout for the Canadiens.

This will never end.

Please hold on to your FIRE THERRIENs until the draft where they go off the board for a guy from the QMJHL

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

JoelJoel posted:

I squealed like a child when I saw these. I love you.

Who needs an av?

I've been kinda wanting to change mine since I feel like Linden won't be around for very long.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

JoelJoel posted:

Flipped a coin between you two. I'll try my hand at a philly one when I'm on the better side of a dozen beers tonight.

Oh my god it's beautiful

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

JawKnee posted:

now watch the fans turn on them as the season ages

And to complete the cycle they sign with Toronto January of the next season.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Vegas' white gloves are beautiful gently caress the haters

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ThinkTank posted:

The new lottery rules suck. Us fans of bad teams don't even have anything fun to root for anymore. The Canucks finished 2nd last and picked 5th. Wheeeee.

The loving Oilers ruined everything for everybody else and now they don't even have to worry about it because they fell face first into the next megastar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Nah this is just a regular Canucks/Kings game. The China game is the 21st or something like that

• Locked thread