Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Ok so the rangers still need centers and defenseman. Thank you to Jeff Gorton for restocking the pantry but we still need to put players on the ice. I am now very concerned that the rangers will be the rangers and sign aging free agents to bad deals now that they have cap space. *COUGHS* joe thornton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

The Golden Man posted:

hhof corrects its most egregious exclusion by putting clare drake in finally

and makes its most egregious inclusion with Jeremy Jacobs, the mother fucker. i'd say it's a wash

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

I'd be less concerned with a Smith overpayment if Chiarelli didn't just give Russell a bunch of money

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I meant moreso they are gonna let their kids play. Also, 9 points in 53 games means a middle-six forward in New Jersey.

This is interesting to me in terms of what NJ does this off season. With all the talk of NJ being the team that will offer Shattenkirk the most money, it doesn't make a ton of sense to me that they would go after him with a long term deal if they are in a tank or rebuild mode. Buffalo makes more sense to me than NJ (nyr makes the most sense fit wise but that money and term yuck)

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

If he comes to NY, Allaire will turn pavelec into a world beater.

And if not he's the backup so who gives a poo poo, the bigger concern is fixing the god drat defense

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Technetium posted:

Nilsson is good and probably the best goalie available.

Nilsson Schmilsson

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Please remember that Mike Sullivan was John Tortorella's terrible assistant/PP coach for several years and only won two cups with Pittsburgh because of two generational talents (three if you count mario), goalies that got hot at the right time, a man who gains magic powers from hot dogs, other teams having injuries and bad "puck luck" for 16 full games, etc.

For real though, I'd like to see Nelson (and Eakins heh) get another shot so boo to Tocchet.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Speaking of the Swiss league, Kevin Klein has officially hosed off to Europe

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

I am a fan of the rangers grabbing up European prospects and American ncaa players instead of Good Canadian Boys (tm)

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Oh I think it will be sooner than that :ohdear:

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Does Chris Kreider breaking Carey Price count

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Bad Richards and Brian Leetch apparently joining the rangers in hockey ops roles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

I think the jets look ok on paper but yeah a lot of their success will depend on which Mason shows up this season

• Locked thread