Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
If Yakupov would take a cheap "show me" contract I'd love for Washington to take a flyer on him. Be this seasons Brett Connolly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Not going to complain about that one, big fan of Orlov. Still nervous about what Kuznetsov is going to get.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Drunk Canuck posted:

LTIR doesn't come into effect until the second day of the season.

That's not true. You can have players on LTIR before the season starts and be exceeding the cap on day one. Look at 50.10 (d) illustration 4 in the CBA, it discusses putting a player on LTIR prior to opening day.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Schremp Howard posted:

Ron Cook is also a shitbag and then decided to write this today:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/07/11/ron-cook-rick-tocchet-coyotes-coach-phil-kessel-penguins-nhl/stories/201707120024/

Basically says to trade Kessel now that Tocchet isn't there to coddle him from Sullivan.

Didn't this happen a few years ago? I want to say it was the Flyers, or maybe someone else in that division. But everyone was salivating at the thought that you had to be cap compliant at the start of the season before you could use LTIR and would force them to trade some people, and then the team said "no here's our interpretation" and got to go over at the start.

It was with Pronger a few years back. I posted the part of the CBA to look at earlier in this thread

Gunjin posted:

You can have players on LTIR before the season starts and be exceeding the cap on day one. Look at 50.10 (d) illustration 4 in the CBA, it discusses putting a player on LTIR prior to opening day.

It's vague as poo poo, but it's in there.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Leonsis would never let the Caps sign Jagr, even if he took league minimum to play on the 3rd line, dude holds a grudge.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Alexander Semin has retired, and is applying to a masters program in metallurgy of all things. Shame he never seemed to get his head or heart fully into the game, he was so athletically gifted, his wrist shot was one of the best I've ever seen, and when he was on he could be a game changer. I thought like he'd be a core player for the Capitals there for awhile, his 08-09 and 09-10 seasons were really drat good, but he tapered off after that, scoring less and taking more and more lazy penalties. I don't think we'll see anything like him again anytime soon:

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

glynnenstein posted:

Speaking of Malkin, did this get posted and I missed it?

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/897655701010604032

I can't tell if this is self-deprecating or a burn on Ovie.

You can never tell with Malamud, he has a huge hate boner for both Ovechkin and the Capitals, and has no problem taking quotes out of context to make things sound more negative towards them or to get attention for himself.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Shattenkirk and Fowler but no Niskanen? That's a bad list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
gently caress Jaroslav Halak.

• Locked thread