Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

webmeister posted:

What happened to days 11 and 12?
York is nice enough, though it's a fair bit further from London and can be very touristy. I wouldn't do Bath and York, one or the other I think.

Have you considered Edinburgh? It's a great city, you have the medieval Old Town up on the hill and the grand New Town down below. Lots of parklands to chill and you can walk up Arthur's Seat if you have non-goon levels of fitness.

Also if you can swing it, I'd strongly recommend a couple of days on the Isle of Skye. It's absolutely stunning scenery, probably the best in Scotland, and the outdoors stuff there is great. Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, Fairy Pools and Quiriang were the highlights for us, though you kinda need a car to get around.

In London, make sure you check out Borough Markets while you're at the Globe since it's just nearby. Also spend a day wandering around Shoreditch since it's pretty cool. Camden Markets are good too, though quite touristy and crowded particularly on weekends.

And if you're into art at all, don't skip the National Gallery - it has some incredible artists in the collection.

Do you have any other recommendations around the Skye area? I'll be close to Ullapool for 5 days and considered ferrying to Stornoway and back for a day (will have a car). Is that doable?

Liquid Banjo fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

webmeister posted:

I actually haven't been that far to the north-west so I can't really recommend anything, sorry! You could do a day trip to Orkney (or an overnighter I guess), but it's a long way - 130 miles/3 hours each way.

In the Highlands we also went to Glencoe which was nice, and Oban too which was very crowded the day a cruise ship came in, but the other day was quite nice. Great distillery here too.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Ended up spending most of my time on Skye. That place is unreal. Definitely making the haul to Orkney next time.

• Locked thread