Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DracoArgentum
May 29, 2011
I'm still nailing down my August itinerary. I'm looking into places to stay but obviously need to figure out the exact dates first. I'll be traveling solo and going budget everything. So far looking at:

Day 1 Flying into Dublin late
Day 2- 4 Dublin
Day 5-7 Belfast
Day 8-10 Glasgow
Someone suggested I do Bath and Stonehenge as a day-trip tour from London which sounded reasonable but have a few days to gently caress with now
Day 13-17 London
Day 18 Fly out of London around noon

My list of things I'm interested near Dublin are Malahide and Kilkenny Castle, Kilmainham Goal, Book of Kell and Bru na Boinne
In Belfast my prioritie is Giant's Causeway but also maybe Carrickfergus and Scrabo Tower.
For Glagow the Necropolis, Stirling Castle and Dundrum Castle
In Bath of course the baths and a friend told me to eat at Sally Lunn's
London I have the Natural History and British Museums, the Tower of London and the Globe

I don't have much written down for London despite the number of days, but I've been told that there will be plenty to do so to give it plenty of time.

I'm mostly looking at public transport but I can rent a car if it would make certain parts easier.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

DracoArgentum fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DracoArgentum
May 29, 2011
I'll check into that museum. Someone suggested I do a day-trip tour of Bath and Stonehenge from London which made more sense travel wise. Thinking about adding in York to the interim days. Suggestions?

DracoArgentum
May 29, 2011

webmeister posted:

What happened to days 11 and 12?
York is nice enough, though it's a fair bit further from London and can be very touristy. I wouldn't do Bath and York, one or the other I think.

Have you considered Edinburgh? It's a great city, you have the medieval Old Town up on the hill and the grand New Town down below. Lots of parklands to chill and you can walk up Arthur's Seat if you have non-goon levels of fitness.

Also if you can swing it, I'd strongly recommend a couple of days on the Isle of Skye. It's absolutely stunning scenery, probably the best in Scotland, and the outdoors stuff there is great. Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, Fairy Pools and Quiriang were the highlights for us, though you kinda need a car to get around.

In London, make sure you check out Borough Markets while you're at the Globe since it's just nearby. Also spend a day wandering around Shoreditch since it's pretty cool. Camden Markets are good too, though quite touristy and crowded particularly on weekends.

And if you're into art at all, don't skip the National Gallery - it has some incredible artists in the collection.

Day 11 and 12 were originally Bath and Stonehenge but since it was suggested I do them as a day trip from London instead I have extra days to put somewhere now. I could use them for Edinburgh. My Scottish friend suggested I do Edinburgh as a day trip from Glasgow, but Glasgow is her hometown so she may be biased. I have heard suggestions for Isle of Skye but beyond waterfalls, caves and ruins I'm not much into outdoor activities so I wasn't sure there would be much there for me to justify the trip. I had been trying to fit Orkney in but it's just a bit far to work it seems.

DracoArgentum fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 27, 2017

• Locked thread