Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

When I was 15 my :airquote: high school sweetheart :airquote: of 5 months had given me her AOL password when we first started dating for some reason. I had always met her at her job when her shift ended (she worked at a bakery) and one night she called my house to tell me not to come because her cousin was in town and was going to meet her there. I hung out with her the next day and she never mentioned the cousin which I thought was weird.

When I got home, suspicious, I decided to log onto her AOL account and in her sent folder was a long email she sent to her coworker about how she liked kissing him that night (the night before) and she didn't know if it was going to work out but she's willing to try or something. I don't remember the exact words because this is a long time ago.

Anyway what I ended up doing was calling her beeper and leaving a voice message (this was the late 90s; beepers had voicemail at that time) and all I did was read the email out loud. I didn't do it angrily or anything. I just read it like I was reading a newspaper. In hindsight it was a pretty funny way to break up with her but at the time I wanted her to have that horrible pit in her stomach when she listened to it kind of like how it felt reading that email.

Your big "I got burned in a relationship" story is 20 years old, from you as a 15 year old and involves AOL.

Jesus.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

Yug posted:

Didn't you fully respect and trust her? How could this happen?

christ almighty ive been writing, erasing, and thrn retyping my response for like an hour and a half now. i ignored all the signs, i refused to believe either my fiance or my best friend were capable of hurting me like that, ugh

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Your big "I got burned in a relationship" story is 20 years old, from you as a 15 year old and involves AOL.

Jesus.

It wasn't big but it felt like poo poo.

My other relationships were ridiculously long (one with a girl from 17 to 20 and the next was 21 to current, now my wife) so luckily neither of them cheated on me or at the very least didn't let me find out

So yeah I haven't exactly dated enough different women to have any more recent cheating stories

Caufman
May 7, 2007
It's like wisdom teeth. You might as well get through it early while you make teenager-size mistakes instead of adult-size mistakes.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i got cheated on by this girl who i was engaged to. we were on the maiden voyage of a luxury ship and this girl who was already from a poor family (im rich) cheated on me with this destitute artist kid who i actually invited to eat with us in first class. long story short the ship hit an iceberg and sank anyway

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The Costa Concordia?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Yug posted:

Plenty of good girls turn bad when they've got a big hunk of man in front of them and they know their boyfriend will never find out.

"Dear Highlights for Children, I never thought it would happen to me"

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I gave .00000000001 fucks that she cheated over spring break. It was the "you now need a gonhorrea test, complete with horse pill sized antibiotics" and it turned out I wasn't pozzed but killed my intestinal flora anyway.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OMFG FURRY posted:

at the same time, why the gently caress are you even involved with your ex in the first place? you are worried about the welfare of her child, but at the same time, don't want the responsibility of causing 'harm' by revealing a terrible truth. the third option is to cut ties with her completely, but you don't seem willing for that either so, which is the lesser evil?

I just talk to her now and then to see how she's doing because she does the same with me, recently she casually dropped that she's loving someone else. She lives a state away from me so we keep in touch but I'm not involved in her life.

I'm not trying to get involved in her life and open up a can of worms, I don't even know her husband.

gently caress being guilted by random goons

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Imo it's not really your problem if someone else is in a relationship. That's their responsibility. Unless you care about them

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
you posted about it bro

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OMFG FURRY posted:

you posted about it bro

He has a guilty conscience but it's really not his responsibility to tell the random dude he's getting cucked.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Probably would be better for the kid though to rip that relationship apart as early as possible so he might have a chance of seeing what a stable relationship looks like at least half of the time.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Pick have you ever cheated or been cheated on?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Yug posted:

Probably would be better for the kid though to rip that relationship apart as early as possible so he might have a chance of seeing what a stable relationship looks like at least half of the time.

people keep hinting at this and as a child of divorced parents fffffuuuck that noise, all my friends that had non-divorced parents are all better off for it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Uh yug weren't you saying all women cheat once they lay eyes on a chunkier dick to ride? And now there are such things as healthy relationships with these demonspawn? U not making sense my mra friend

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

Uh yug weren't you saying all women cheat once they lay eyes on a chunkier dick to ride? And now there are such things as healthy relationships with these demonspawn? U not making sense my mra friend

#notallwomen

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Being cheated on feels awesome, especially when it happens more than once in your 20's. I've found it does wonders when it comes to forming relationships later in life.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mental Hospitality posted:

Being cheated on feels awesome, especially when it happens more than once in your 20's. I've found it does wonders when it comes to forming relationships later in life.

Sounds like bedroom troubles.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
monogamy is lame as gently caress, hth op

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I didn't feel sad, but I felt very angry because she tried to stick around and rekindle things for a few weeks afterward instead of taking her own life to regain her honor.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I was hella surprised when she cheated on me because she was very ugly inside and out, and I felt like no one else would debase themselves with her.

It was a real eyeopener, I tell you.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

also i hate to agree with yug but you would be surprised the type of selfish poo poo normally well meaning and good people can do from time to time. plenty of men/women wouldn't but plenty of otherwise good women in good relationships, or vice versa, will do so given the right situation.

the idea that a cheater is a terrible person and always was or will be because of it is either naive or born out of jealousy and resentment. that being said i have hard time trusting anyone that's cheated. also i have a hard time respecting someone who wants out of a relationship but doesn't have the guts to end it so they cheat.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
open relationships... good?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Two other disgusting facets of cheating:

1) I've known men who will cheat with women that are huge downgrades. Men married to women that cheat with someone older, fatter, uglier. I guess the same old sex can be very tiresome (I don't know what it's like to be married for 5+ years, all my longest relationships are around 2-3 years,) and the desire for something new and different can steer men in strange directions. It perplexes me, but doesn't at the same time.

2) Some women are much more likely to cheat when it comes to celebrities. Even minor or local ones. I've seen women say goodnight to their significant other, watch them walk out the door, and walk right over to the VIP section, backstage area, or tour bus outside and immediately get in line with the other women for a chance to hook up. It's another thing that perplexes me but doesn't. I'm not a paranoid or jealous type, women will always have guy friends, but I draw the line when it comes to hanging with celebs.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Interesting. All post are by men. No women. Clearly
The only conclusion is that men are good and don't cheat.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mulaney Power Move posted:

also i hate to agree with yug but you would be surprised the type of selfish poo poo normally well meaning and good people can do from time to time. plenty of men/women wouldn't but plenty of otherwise good women in good relationships, or vice versa, will do so given the right situation.

the idea that a cheater is a terrible person and always was or will be because of it is either naive or born out of jealousy and resentment. that being said i have hard time trusting anyone that's cheated. also i have a hard time respecting someone who wants out of a relationship but doesn't have the guts to end it so they cheat.

Hint:
You're describing literally everyone and you have trust issues.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Hint:
You're describing literally everyone and you have trust issues.

"Everyone cheats," says the cheater.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Caufman posted:

I was hella surprised when she cheated on me because she was very ugly inside and out, and I felt like no one else would debase themselves with her.

It was a real eyeopener, I tell you.

I am of course referring to Yug's mother.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Personally, I haven't cheated since I bought a Gameshark for Playstation. I've never recovered from the shame, and I only hope I can live up to the example set forth by Goku.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ProperCoochie posted:

2) Some women are much more likely to cheat when it comes to celebrities. Even minor or local ones. I've seen women say goodnight to their significant other, watch them walk out the door, and walk right over to the VIP section, backstage area, or tour bus outside and immediately get in line with the other women for a chance to hook up. It's another thing that perplexes me but doesn't. I'm not a paranoid or jealous type, women will always have guy friends, but I draw the line when it comes to hanging with celebs.

This is why I've always thought it was weird when people talked about their "free pass" celebrity crushes. Like I understand that it's never actually gonna come up but it's still not really a good thing to hear that someone with enough wealth/fame/looks is an exception to monogamy rules and I never really did get why this was a thing some people joke about.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Interesting. All post are by men. No women. Clearly
The only conclusion is that men are good and don't cheat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

This is why I've always thought it was weird when people talked about their "free pass" celebrity crushes. Like I understand that it's never actually gonna come up but it's still not really a good thing to hear that someone with enough wealth/fame/looks is an exception to monogamy rules and I never really did get why this was a thing some people joke about.

Bcuz it's a joke. You gonna be standing there with a taped recording when your so meets matt mconehey or whoever and be like "that was a binding statement!"

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

satanic splash-back posted:

"Everyone cheats," says the cheater.

birds who steal acorns will rehide them if they see another bird while burying theirs. People who cheat will be suspicious as hell because they can't imagine others being any different.

So if a girl keeps trying to hide your nuts, run

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

It's because in a normal relationship this conversation is a joke and not some kind of binding contract.

I kinda thought that went without saying and using the phrase 'monogamy rules' with a straight face, but, drat, goons...

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I mean I understand it's not serious it just doesn't really seem like a funny joke to me. Haha I would cheat on you if the person was a big enough upgrade just doesn't really feel like a good punchline.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

My wife said she'd kill me if I left the milk on the counter again. I've made the call and am waiting on the front stoop with a shotgun incase she tries anything

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

SuperiorColliculus posted:

Yeah, it's p pathological to get your kicks out of making other people feel bad tbh.

Some people deserve to feel bad. It's not about getting kicks it's about people feeling like they should about themselves and their life choices.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Big Beef City posted:

It's because in a normal relationship this conversation is a joke and not some kind of binding contract.

I kinda thought that went without saying and using the phrase 'monogamy rules' with a straight face, but, drat, goons...

Both my boyfriend and I have agreed our freebie is Guy Fieri and I assure you it is 100 percent serious. The Monogamy Rules are not meant to be taken lightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Both my boyfriend and I have agreed our freebie is Guy Fieri and I assure you it is 100 percent serious. The Monogamy Rules are not meant to be taken lightly.

Guy fieri eating in reverse.gif

• Locked thread