Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Oh that's a good call, I've never played any but they seem cool. Any recommendations for the best one, PS1 or 2?

i've only played the original and the semi-sequel to it, but i liked both of them. i think that 2 is considered one of the best ones, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Burnout 3, SSX 3

SSX 2 is better, they went too far with 3 imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh that's a good call, I've never played any but they seem cool. Any recommendations for the best one, PS1 or 2?

2's good, idk about 3, for answer's good but thats on ps3

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you could try the original monster hunter if you haven't already

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

you could try the original monster hunter if you haven't already

do NOT do this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Syncopated posted:

I don't know what this means and don't really care to find out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

play front mission 5 but you need an hd loader or some other way to bypass region locking and burned dvds. bye.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fungah! posted:

do NOT do this

:trollface:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Syncopated posted:

What the hell?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like both Tricky and 3. They're like the Burnout Takedown to Burnout Paradise of the SSX franchise (events on a menu to open world)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I was talking about Burnout 3 last week or so with a group of people and (to me at least) it's kinda crazy how closely the Burnout series of games follows the THPS series with regards to the sequels and how they were developed/received. They're also probably two of my favorite franchises ever so I'm a bit biased.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Play God Hand.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I also like SSX Tricky.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Check out Tail of the Sun and the Jumping Flashes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Steambot Chronicles is the closest thing to a new MM Legends game

Disaster Report is a weird natural disaster survival adventure game and Raw Danger is the better-in-every-way sequel, this series is coming back on PS4 with a true sequel and a spinoff where people are trying to survive Godzilla attacks and Evangelion battles and poo poo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

R.A.D. is awesome and underrated, you control a giant robot from a street level perspective and fight giant monsters.

If you have a pal over King of the Monsters is one of the coolest fighting games released on the ps2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Steambot Chronicles is the closest thing to a new MM Legends game

Disaster Report is a weird natural disaster survival adventure game and Raw Danger is the better-in-every-way sequel, this series is coming back on PS4 with a true sequel and a spinoff where people are trying to survive Godzilla attacks and Evangelion battles and poo poo

Oh I remember wanting to play Disaster report.

Some more stuff I'm going to pick up:

Disaster Report
Digital Devil Saga
Michigan: Report From Hell
Shadow Hearts
Killer7

I played god hand on PS3 but remember not really liking it so maybe I should give it another shot. And I wanna play ChainDive but I think it's JP only

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

R.A.D. is awesome and underrated, you control a giant robot from a street level perspective and fight giant monsters.

If you have a pal over King of the Monsters is one of the coolest fighting games released on the ps2

I've played RAD for the lulzy voice acting but after a few hours I got bored because every mission is the same and there's like 80 of them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you shold check out legend of dragoon too, i remember it bein kind of badass back in the day

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

I've played RAD for the lulzy voice acting but after a few hours I got bored because every mission is the same and there's like 80 of them

That's fair. In Japan there's a Tetsujin 28 game with a similar conceit but more varied missions and an insanely realistic physics engine for a PS2 game. I played it and accidentally destroyed half of a Tokyo slum when I let go of the jetpack button and my robot slid on the ground for a kilometer, whoops

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

That's fair. In Japan there's a Tetsujin 28 game with a similar conceit but more varied missions and an insanely realistic physics engine for a PS2 game. I played it and accidentally destroyed half of a Tokyo slum when I let go of the jetpack button and my robot slid on the ground for a kilometer, whoops

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody hasn't seen R.A.D. please find a video on YouTube or something the acting performances are incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yeh bushido blade is badass, check tht out too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent many weekends in college playing bushido blade drinking games, I wish they would put a new one on PS4. it could be like a 15 dollar game and wouldn't be too hard to make

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Fungah! posted:

you shold check out legend of dragoon too, i remember it bein kind of badass back in the day

It's kinda a mess in a lot of ways but I love it. There's just something charming about such a super-ambitious, super-amateurish effort to match FF7, and it's an interesting companion to FF9 which came out right around the same time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my copy of metal gear solid 1 i bought off ebay for 4 dollars arrived and it was very clearly stolen from a library.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 are awesome as are all 3 ratchet and clank games(dont play 4)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fungah! posted:

Legend of Dragoon is an incredible and severely slept on JRPG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training it begins

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zaggitz posted:

Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 are awesome as are all 3 ratchet and clank games(dont play 4)

Oh yeah that reminds me that I picked up Shadow Hearts 1 a few months back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got hosed up by the SPider and lost all my yellow orbs.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

play armageddon starring bruce willis

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
This blew my loving mind in like 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAZV7X94UFA

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Trap gunner, definitely crash 2&3 and ratchet 3&4, NBA street 2, fox kids presents micro maniacs racing, you've probably played psychonauts but if not, syphon filter, driver, oh and fear effect

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i played burnout revenge since i dont have a ps2, its still good but 3 really is perfection

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just bought SMT Nocturne, Suikoden III and Shadow Hearts Covenant. The Summer of RPGs awaits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training more devil may cry

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

Deadlocked is underrated.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Legend of Dragoon is one of the games I remember playing a lot but don't remember anything about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Human Grand Prix posted:

Check out Tail of the Sun and the Jumping Flashes.

Jumping Flash 1 and 2 are very easy games, but are also so much fun to explore and move around in. you play a mech rabbit robot who explores giant, surreal, low poly levels comprised of floating islands. i love them.

• Locked thread