Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

DMC 1 and 3 imo, strt off with a bang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh that's a good call, I've never played any but they seem cool. Any recommendations for the best one, PS1 or 2?

2's good, idk about 3, for answer's good but thats on ps3

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

you could try the original monster hunter if you haven't already

do NOT do this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you shold check out legend of dragoon too, i remember it bein kind of badass back in the day

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yeh bushido blade is badass, check tht out too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

For me this will be the summer (and fall) of JRPGs. They're not all PlayStation but I have the following planned:

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS
Final Fantasy (Dawn of Souls)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Persona 4 Golden
Breath of Fire III
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Suikoden II
Suikoden III
Wild Arms
Wild Arms II

Anything else I should add to the list?

star ocean 2 and saga frontier

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah, it chnges a bunch of minor gameplay stuff but its mostly the same. only big things that they add a melee combo that wasnt in the original and didnt adjust numbers to compensate, so its a bit easier. also its fully voice acted and you nneed to enable dialogue skipping which is a pita

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

saga frontier 1s interesting in that its totally playable if you dont do a deep dive into the mechanics but once you do you realize its completely bonkers

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is that the one that just looks like a weird boardgame outside of battle

yeah thats the one, its completely inscrutable lmao, th game systems faq looks like the mentaculus from a serious man and its headings re like how to move and attack

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/561939-unlimited-saga/faqs/39002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

Like every Saga game. Unlimited Saga on ps2 I'm not sure anyone even understands lol

yeh but this one the really crazy shits not mandatory to beat the game, you can just play and use whatever moves you spark nd be fine

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the new SaGa game for Vita feels like a version of Unlimited Saga made for human beings

oh sht i didnt realize its out, how is it?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Japanese only forever

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive only played nd loved 1 but 2's apparently 100x better. its on my list

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th finale's worth experiencing once imo. if youre really not feeling it then yeah 3's better in pretty much every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

A cruise ship in a dry land...

• Locked thread