Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose picnic is best?
This poll is closed.
cigaw, with A Tribute to Three Fat People 9 25.00%
Oski, with A Very English Picnic 19 52.78%
Russian Guyovitch, with Southern Comfort 6 16.67%
Tendales, with The Obvious Thing 2 5.56%
Total: 36 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hello Goons! As chairman of this NICSA, I bring to you our contestants. Please read their threads, and then vote for the one whose cuisine you believe should reign supreme!

My instructions to the challengers were as follows :

quote:

For this challenge, I want you to craft for me your best example of a truly timeless classic, the picnic lunch. Create dishes that you could take outside somewhere, with another human being, and consume in a relaxing outdoor setting, and document them for the judgement of your fellow goons. 3 courses will be the standard, although feel free to go buck wild if you have more ideas. A main dish, a side dish, and a beverage will count.

In no particular order, the challengers :

cigaw, with A Tribute to Three Fat People

Oski, with A Very English Picnic

Russian Guyovitch, with Southern Comfort

Tendales, with The Obvious Thing

These are all excellent entries, so I look forward to seeing how everyone else rates them! Judging will close at 11:59pm on Monday, 3 July, with prize distribution to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Everything posted looks great. I'd like to have a meal composed of Tendale's potato salad, Russian Guyovitch's fried chicken, Oski's shooter's sandwich and my hand pies. Also, everyone's drinks.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
The first pictures from Oski looked kinda dull. Bread with ham does not impress. So I just skipped past it until actually reading the thread later on. Sorry. It looked really good in retrospect. The later pictures looked amazing.

I think cigaw made an impressive effort. A lot of finesse. But the baguette with tomatoes and peppers was just not something that I would want to eat.

I'm not a fan of southern comfort food or anything fried. But Russian Guyovitch did have a cool touch of elegance, and the food looked quite tasty.

Tendales. The salad was cool. The chicken looked ok, but not the best.

So my vote went to Russian Guyovitch. Cool competition, good efforts from everyone involved.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Tendales's potato salad stirred up such feelings of nostalgia and longing in me that I went and made it pretty much exactly the same as he did, which happened to be exactly the same as my grandma used to make it (minus her use of a bit too much dill). So, while everyone had really good entries, nostalgia and therefore Tendales got my vote.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I'm all over cigaw's entry. Looks delicious, and definitely had the best picnic photos. The baguette with tomatoes and peppers is just the sort of thing I'd like to eat! I also want to try Oski shooter sandwich, that looks lovely.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Voting is complete!

Our winner, with 19 votes, is Oski!

Runner up cigaw scored 9 votes.

The Chairman's Award was a rough choice on this one, but I'm going to have to give it to Russian Guyovitch, in honor of properly made biscuits.

Gentlegoons, please reach out to me via PM or email at (my username minus the space at gmail) so that I can coordinate the delivery of fabulous prizes!

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Congratulations, Oski!

This was a ton of fun. Good show everyone!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Well done, Oski! You made my English heart proud. Wanna eat the hell out of that picnic.

Oski
Oct 20, 2010

Everyone has their dream...
Oh wow, thanks everyone! I wasn't expecting that, the competition was really good. Was really fun doing this and reading everyone else's entries too. Good show indeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

This was a great theme for an NICSA! Good job everyone.

• Locked thread