Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I hope your roof works out.

I’m about to start a major renovation on my 1969 Canadian house and I’m a little worried. Went with an all in one renovation/ new home company that seems to be highly respected. However they invited us to see their show homes and I found multiple finish problems. Two main issues being sticker labels on baths and showers being caulked over but very visible. Also metal railings that were visibly damaged around their base. I showed them pictures of my concerns and they came back with “this is standard for show homes, we want homeowners to have realistic expectations of a lived in home.”

Is this as dumb as it sounds or am I being to picky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

NotJustANumber99 posted:

we hosed it up on purpose. yeah. sure, sure.

That's what I was thinking but at this point we have already put down a deposit and their design team produced an amazing 3D rendering of our house so we could try different things. They seem like a good company but here are some photos

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Thank you for your replies, it’s been good to get some other eyes on this. I’m going to reassert my concerns with them before we go forward. I should point out that the renovations group is separate from the new homes group who finished the show homes.

Sorry for the derail JB.