Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I support Skeleton Paradox Mage but not Skeletor.

A second choice is any kind of brawler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Is it a mod that makes them show what they're holding in their hands? I don't remember it (but I haven't played since right after Possessors went in).

Are you using any mods in general?

Prism fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 28, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Inadequately posted:

I don't think it's a mod, I'm not using anything that should affect it at the moment. I'm a pretty big fan of addons/mods and like running as many as is reasonably possible without the game crashing, but for this run I'm keeping this minimalist and just have a few to help me show off additional content.

Guess it just got added since the last time I played then. Which is good! It's good that it keeps getting updates.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Inadequately posted:

Staves aren’t really meant for hitting in melee, but they have one interesting quirk. As you can see, the accuracy bonus is +2.5% Proc damage per point of accuracy. This is a pretty ridiculous accuracy bonus, and with certain very specialized builds/classes, staves can become very powerful weapons. For the most part, though, you’re better off just holding one to boost your spellpower and sticking to blasting people with spells.

I know what this is, but it might be a good idea to explain what the accuracy bonus is and how you get it for the people who don't (unless you did and I missed it).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Inadequately posted:

I did - it's explained when discussing the various combat stats of melee weapons.

Mini-update later today, maybe.

Sorry - I worded it badly, I mean specifically the 'procs' part as opposed to regular damage like the shots listed have got, as on first look the staff doesn't have a proc - there's no on-hit effect.

...actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure I know what the difference is between the staff 'procs dam' and the shots 'dam' is.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Unimpressed posted:

Wait, why are you starting a new character? Did I miss the previous one dying somewhere?

Skeletons don't do the unique Paradox Mage/Temporal Warden starting zone (since they do the unique Skeleton/Ghoul start instead) so it was shown off with a human.

MagusofStars posted:

If you start as an undead Paradox Mage/TW, do you actually get the Point Zero teleport or do you basically miss that entire town? I mean, obviously you're not missing anything in skipping a level 1 dungeon (plenty of other Tier 1 dungeons), but it seems really weird to not have the class-specific town available.

Unless it's changed, if you don't start there, you'll never go there.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Inadequately posted:

The advice is appreciated, but please note that the game itself is about half a dozen updates or so ahead of the thread, and thus most advice is going to be wildly out of date at best. :v:

Honestly, I'm not sure I would be capable of taking on the endgame at this difficulty without the extra safety net of medical injectors as a skeleton. The other bonuses are nice but it's mostly the lack of infusion access that seals the deal.

It's funny that skeletons can inject themselves with medicine. I'd assumed undead couldn't even though they could use other tinkers.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
What's this about keeping track of spins on the Wheel of Fate? I thought it only got a new spin three levels after you used the last one up, so there's nothing to count regarding how many times you've used it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Inadequately posted:

The description is a little misleading, you actually get one spin per three levels you have. For instance, if you found the ring at level 30, you'd be able to spin the ring ten times right then and there. As long as the ring has one spin left on it you can unequip it, but once you're out of spins you're stuck. It's a good idea to keep at least one spin on it so that if you find something better right away you aren't stuck with it for the next three levels.

In that case, it's not just misleading, it outright lies - seriously, it says 'Can only be done three levels after the last reroll. Cannot be unequipped unless a reroll is available, or you are level 50.' right in the screenshot.

Good to know. I've never used it because I assumed I would always be stuck with whatever I spun for three levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The Lone Badger posted:

First skin, surely?

It's still the second. It's just that the first fell off and got lost.

• Locked thread