Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Man remember when we got the creator to remove those creepy Orc birthing warrens?

good times.

(They... are still gone, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I made this ages ago to commemorate my first victory and advocate for playing rogues.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

You can't shut them down permanently with conditions while you take your time whittling them down,

:colbert:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

vdate posted:

I can't help but feel like that looks more like the end result of a horrifying Rogue alpha strike than an endurance match.

It's more that you can seriously shut them down, or at least back in the day. Action denial is good. I only remember it all vaguely at this point, but I am pretty sure I unloaded on the dudes, then leapt/ran across the arena to recharge stuff. Also I had no idea how to shut the gates from spawning stuff mechanically so that was good times.

https://te4.org/characters/87492/tome/5682378a-9f13-482e-9adc-681165c5cef8

jesus this was forever ago

edit- looking this over I remember that the armor The Untouchable owned bones for a rogue.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I think you captured the essence of the Melinda arc.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I thought it was an odd change that the paladin lady dying in the final fight of the main campaign had her running away instead now. I see now.

I am 100% unsurprised at the ham-handed tragedy play, though.

fake edit: "HELLO I AM A GENERIC LOVE INTEREST FOR SUNWALL PALADIN LADY TO THE POINT THAT MY NAME IS JOHN OH YOU HAVENT HEARD OF ME BEFORE WELL I'M EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND THE REASON I HADNT EVEN COME UP IN THE PRIMARY CAMPA- oh i'm dead ill be back tho i swear"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

vdate posted:

Come to think of it, what is the main character of the original campaign up to during all this?

beach dates with melinda

fake edit: "HEY IM BACK AFTER YOU KILLED MY BAE. WHAT? WHO AM I? MY NAME IS JOHN DONT PRETEND YOU DONT REMEMBER WHO I AM PLEASE INDULGE MY TRAGIC ANGST DUNGEON THAT I TOTALLY NARRATIVELY EARN- poo poo dead again"

• Locked thread