Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

I almost always buy a cheap pickaxe the first time I visit a town. You can usually get one to drop at some point, but Dig is sufficiently useful that it's worth dumping 15-20 gold to grab one.

If you complete that lumberjack quest, part of your reward is a free pickaxe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Something I learned recently related to the artifact merchant: if you have enough gold, the game adds a third option to the "buy, not buy" menu, which reads: "Why, 'tis a paltry sum - take my order, man, and be quick about it!" I don't know how much money you need on hand to trigger that option as I only learned about it when Darkgod gifted one of my characters with 666,666 gp. Fortunately, I'd already gotten far enough in the game to get access to the randart shop, as the fear of getting killed on the way would have been crippling otherwise.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Or "Rectal Carpeting" for that matter.

Just as long as it isn't shag.

• Locked thread