Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Shalore Chronomancer

Seems like it has potential to be powerful but also hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

He just wanted to show off another class for a little.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I appreciate all the detail you are discussing in this thread.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Identifying items especially relying on player knowledge poo poo was the loving worst.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Are yeeks telepathic monkeys?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Everyone in this setting is a dick.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I dont know posted:

While true, Halflings are even more so than others. They have chilled out over the last few centuries, but for most of the world's current history halflings as a whole acted with Saturday morning cartoon levels of villainy.

Gonna be honest, I don't recall the last Saturday morning cartoon where the villain both successfully planned and executed a horrifying plan on a scale comparable to the necromantic animation of corpses of both allies and enemies in a last ditch effort at victory in war.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

vdate posted:

I can't help but feel like that looks more like the end result of a horrifying Rogue alpha strike than an endurance match.

Was that not the joke?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Welcome back! This LP played a good part in getting me to finally start playing the game. :)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

voted 5 went hog wild

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Mind Parasite can really be what wins you battles against bosses sometimes, as half their skills end up locked down within the first couple of rounds. :v:

I also wonder how strong the oozes actually get if you decide to COMPLETELY clear out a level of the Sludgenest, whether beating them at all is feasible, and whether they're gonna drop anything great enough to make it worth it.

There is a cheevo I think for it?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

There is also the thing that the corruption of "a proud defender of nature" is just never explained so random powerful people can just get hosed for ???? reasons.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. We just didn't know there was a stop at "evil master of slime monsters" along the way.

Oh I read corruption as "caught a brain bug" or "accidentally drank radioactive goo, mutated, and went mad" or something.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 17, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I thought saves were considered least important as far as equipment and defensive prioritization?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Maybe it was a giant Rust Dragon.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Fireballs.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah I used See the Threads for that...

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Eopia posted:

So I've been playing this a bit thanks to this LP, and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing gearing wise, at least for armor. I was doing fine in every area for the most part, but then I reached the Lake of Nur where a rare horror killed me, then deciding that I might be better off doing the storm in Derth dungeon I got killed three times by the boss of it after not having trouble with the regular enemies. At least I unlocked Archmage and its Storm specialization even if I'll game over on my next death?

+HP in the early game, with armor and armor hardness for sides. Resistances are excellent too especially lightning resistance for that section if you can find it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Inadequate, do you mind updating the table of contents?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Eopia posted:

I missed it earlier, but isn't the guy who makes the portal back to Maj'Eyal in the Gates of Morning the leader from the Temporal Wardens/Paradox Mage starter zone? Does he get any special dialogue if you actually went through it instead of getting a different starting zone like Skeletor here did?

He asks you if this is the first time you've met him, and when you say yes, he warns you to not tell his past self about him.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I think the two mages (the young couple referenced in the lore) left because of a rant against "magical ethics" by...Urkis? I think? So I think they were inspired or something.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Wolfechu posted:

So I'm curious, at this stage of the lp, is it still possible for everything to go tits up? I've won the game twice, but years ago, and one of those was with a ridiculously easy oozemancer, so can't even remember if the last fight is a challenge or not.

Yeah some characters can and will get utterly shut down by the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Orc Gunslinger.

• Locked thread