Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, lol, you mean you can sell yourself out to the Zigs? Isn't that basically just a very elaborate suicide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Inadequately posted:

On the contrary, roguelikes have a long and storied tradition of wish fulfillment. :v:

what happens if you wish for true love or happiness

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
So can you do something else with the staff? Maybe suck some cool powers outta something?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
So, what, these mages are using the orcs to do, something?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I remember that from the earlier LP of this game

It was some of the most tryhard edgelord poo poo I've seen in my life. It was Karen Traviss level garbage

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
What a heap of nonsense. A hero is someone who does great deeds. They don't have to be good, whatever that's supposed to mean.

Thus, as we are slaying many enemies of our people, adding to the fame of our name and species, we are absolutely the heroes of this story.

The Saga of Dr Orktopus, Psyshot, will be told to the survivors, either in celebration or warning, but that doesn't matter so long as it is told at all.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Wait, so if you pick doomelf (what are they again?) you are forced into the demon campaign or what?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Huh. So this Embers stuff isn't a fully fledged campaign? Because it seemed like it was building up for some big stuff; I was expecting raids into demon lands, maybe teaching them the power of love or some such.

Maybe some deific fratricide?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
There's a bit of comedy in that our only option is always just to kill everything. Bit Borderlands-ish.

Combined with a bit of "are we the baddies?"

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, I mean, I'm pretty curious where the whole arc of the game is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
You got any plans for another playthrough or LP after this?

• Locked thread