Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Commander Keene posted:

Do dungeons respawn, so if you don't get all of the rares/bosses on one go-through, can you go back and try again? If not, is there a way to pass items around between characters at all, so if a mage character gets a really good weapon (for example), could you stash it for a fighter you make later?

I unlocked Summoner on the first level of Trollmire with my first character. I'm pretty sure you don't need to fight a Summoner-classed enemy; I fought a tree that summoned bees and unlocked the class. I think later versions of the tree can also summon bears, though probably not gunslinger bears.
Dungeons do not respawn (there is a sort-of exception to this way later in the game). But there is a vault to stash items in for other characters. I personally never use it because it feels like cheating and I'm dumb.

And yes, you don't need to see a summoner, just the act of summoning, so trees in the Trollmire spawning bees qualifies you for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

Doesn't it also affect stamina regeneration? At least IIRC my Bulwark's stamina regen jumped whenever I stood in one of those.
It does, and it also gives Psi regen too.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Yeah, you made the mausoleum look easy, but that one Eternal Bone Giant? That thing would be approximately invincible to any non-spellcaster. Massive armor and hardiness, insane resistances, over 2k life, huge heals and shields. Eternal Bone Giants are among the worst enemies in the game to roll as rares, because they naturally have such a ludicrous skillset and stats that compounding it with nearly any class leads to unkillable monstrosities.

• Locked thread