Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

ZZZorcerer posted:

Somehow Skeletor came to this world via space-time fuckery

Skeleton / Paradox Mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Hoo boy, that graveyard quest.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Are you not supposed to play cornac arcane blades? I've never really played with the class.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I always get amused slapping the light tree on a necromancer, I remember I had one character who was basically an anorithil with positive and negative energy having achieved lichdom

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, but water isn't trying to kill you, it just so happens that you can't breathe it. Think about all the monsters and creatures in D&D, and then realize which ones would be scariest. Would it be dragons, or vampires or something? Not really, because those are still just physical enemies. Stronger perhaps, but you can rationalize them, and the whole "if it bleeds I can kill it" rule applies. To me, it's Gelatinous Cubes and Mimics. A mimic could be any item, and if you touch it, it instantly paralyzes you and attempts to eat you. Gelatinous Cubes are even worse, they're a big completely transparent 10 foot wall of paralyzing digestive acid that has no smell, so you literally cannot detect one until something touches it, and if you touch it it paralyzes you and starts slowly digesting you alive.

An enemy you can see, and shoot or stab, is inherently not as scary as something that's like "I could be three feet away from you, RIGHT NOW, and you'd never know. If you let your guard down for a split second, I'm going to eat you alive, and there's nothing you can do about it." I guess you could stab or shoot mimics, as they're still flesh and blood once you reveal them, but Gelatinous Cubes are just big walls of loving acid, so even if you know they're there how do you fight that?

Not to trigger a giant argument, but you are probably better off fighting mimics then a high-level lich with mind control/weapon immunity/shapeshifting stuff. There is plenty of stuff in that game that doesn't bleed and can't be killed without powerful magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Orc Psyshot

• Locked thread