Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synkora
May 2, 2016
I'm gonna suggest Doomelf Paradox Mage - their two-step-teleport racial and passive debuff-duration reduction are really handy to have on a class that gets so much benefits from teleports / out-of-phase equipment. Failing that, maybe Shaloren Rogue? I haven't tried that combo yet, but I imagine cooldown-reduction makes rogues better at what they do while debuff-cleansing covers one of its weaknesses. plus either one of those gets you a little extra lore than you might otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synkora
May 2, 2016
Fun little easter egg: if you're wearing the "Vestments of the Conclave" artifact robes as a human, you can briefly attempt to reason with the Vault guards - "attempt" being the key word here. If you're a halfling, they assume they're under attack and draw their weapons on sight.
The Halfling Ruins weren't my doing, but the Conclave Vault was fun to write - Astelrid, with her genuine concern for her underlings / test-subjects and full investment in the political aims of her research, was conceived as a foil to Hompalan. They're representations of their respective empires, too; the Nargol Empire were blind to morality and ruthless about their practical interests, while the (previously-undercharacterized) Conclave knew exactly what they were doing and pursued their citizens' happiness with equal fervor (even when that happiness is achieved through horrific acts of revenge).

Artificer posted:

Everyone in this setting is a dick.

I'd say "everyone in this setting WAS a dick." King Tolak and the Allied Kingdoms in general are pretty decent folk, but much like our world, ancient history looks pretty awful by modern standards. The sins of Eyal's past just don't tend to stay in the past...

Synkora fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 23, 2017

Synkora
May 2, 2016

KittyEmpress posted:

On one hand, the elves are clearly racist and some of them literally want to genocide all orcs.

On the other hand, every concern the racists had was valid, and in not killing you when the racists said to, the ones who thought orcs could be redeemed already got murdered and shown that they were wrong to let you live.

We're the baddies, aren't we?

We also only started the rebellion because the racists decided to strike first. There's one bit I should've mentioned in a mob description earlier: the Atmos invasion force's armor was of Allied Kingdoms manufacture, and the Kruk orcs would've noticed where the Atmos got their shiny new equipment - going on the offensive is a fairly reasonable response to someone who, by all appearances, is trying to organize your genocide by proxy. By the time you figure out it was just one rogue commander, you've already started the war and killed their ruler's lover.

Given their status as our Unwitting Instigator of Doom, I am so sad there was no lore-compatible way to make Trelle a halfling. :(

Synkora
May 2, 2016
For my part in it: I sorta took over the job of making the lorenotes from a slew of volunteers, most prolifically Darren Grey, starting with the actual notes in Tannen's Tower (not the rest of the quest), the Conclave Vailt / Ogre stuff, High Peak, and a handful of assorted little things in the main campaign in addition to doing all of the lorenotes found in the expansions (rexorcorum's illustrations excepted, naturally). Dialogue is mixed between me and DG; mob descriptions are mostly DG's doing (I think I just did descriptions for Nektosh and one late-game boss in this campaign), but Saw Horrors were another dev's brainchild entirely, and I think said dev also came up with most of Embers' artifacts and corresponding descriptions. There's a fair bit of overlap - Razakai's helped me greatly with creative stuff for the next campaign, in addition to making or revamping a ridiculous number of classes.

Synkora fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 15, 2017

• Locked thread