Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ogre Arcane Blade. I've always loved "mage-knights"; they're one of my favorite fantasy archetypes. The idea of an ogre slinging spells also appeals to me. Obviously, only the heaviest weapons and armor you can use will do.

Velius posted:

Ogre Reaver: Sure, some races can dual wield swords and daggers, but no other races can dual wield a Trident and a Whip! You are Balrog M. Bison, a perfectly normal Ogre who has lived on Maj'Eyal your whole life, and not a chronomancy-induced illegal immigrant. You can float points into weapon mastery but long term should use tridents and whips! Sure, the only good ones are tier 5 but you might get lucky!
This is a good second choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Gunslinger bear is awesome. I can totally picture a bear wearing the typical Wild West sheriff's garb (although in this case it's probably more like a mad scientist bear). Can rares only spawn with classes you've unlocked, or are any of them fair game? Also, I can see snake brawler working better than snake archer; D&D at least allows you to use any part of your body for unarmed strikes (and yes, all of the requisite off-color jokes have already been made), so headbutts, body-slams, and tail strikes are all fair game.

Do dungeons respawn, so if you don't get all of the rares/bosses on one go-through, can you go back and try again? If not, is there a way to pass items around between characters at all, so if a mage character gets a really good weapon (for example), could you stash it for a fighter you make later?

I unlocked Summoner on the first level of Trollmire with my first character. I'm pretty sure you don't need to fight a Summoner-classed enemy; I fought a tree that summoned bees and unlocked the class. I think later versions of the tree can also summon bears, though probably not gunslinger bears.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I don't think it's the specific race/class combination, but just the fact that he spent five years trying and failing to put one viable build together for the only race and class he ever played in this game, and that he adamantly refused to play anything else, claiming they "weren't fun".

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Inadequately posted:

This green area is a Font of Life – living creatures standing it in have increased health regeneration and equilibrium reduction. Being a skeleton, we don’t benefit from it in any way, but at least we aren’t damaged by it.
Doesn't it also affect stamina regeneration? At least IIRC my Bulwark's stamina regen jumped whenever I stood in one of those.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Eopia posted:

Do oozes in this game have any special resistance to being stabbed actually? Or would they die to buckshot all the same? I know in D&D it's the latter.
Some oozes in D&D split when hit with slashing or piercing damage until the resulting oozes have 1 HP. So yeah you can kill them if you shoot enough, but all the while you're turning one big ooze into a throng (not actually a swarm, that's a keyword) of small oozes.

Also, oozes in this game take damage and die like anything else. I don't even know if TOME distinguishes between types of weapons or if it's all "weapon" or "physical" damage.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Foreskin Problems posted:

I found Sawrd and I don't see what's so special about it?
I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that the Multiple Attacks ability procs whenever you make an attack with the weapon, and repeats whatever action the attack was part of three times. This could be a simple bump attack, or it could be a weapon skill and the entire skill gets repeated three times. It's effectively quadrupling the actions you can take in combat. Action economy is king, and things that allow you to get more bang for your buck, whether by actually allowing more actions or by repeating your actions, are extremely valuable and powerful.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Are the Shoes at least good for those zombie minotaur guys who like moving long distances in straight lines? I forget how their racial power works exactly.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Now, you're playing on the hardest difficulty and end up outfitted in half a museum's worth of artifacts, correct? What little I've played of the game on the default difficulty has also ended up with me outfitted at least in all magical gear. Could you go the other way, presumably on the easiest difficulty or maybe normal, and play a character who only uses mundane equipment? You'd be able to upgrade tiers, from iron to steel to dwarven steel to stralite to voratun (IIRC), but you'd have to go with completely unenchanted gear. If it has any additional effects, you can't use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

PurpleXVI posted:

I think Inadequately is playing on normal. I'd say a "normal" normal run in either campaign tends to end up with about half your slots fitting fixed artifacts, and two or three fitting random artifacts. On harder difficulties, it swings higher towards random artifacts, both because there are more drops of them, and because you have more options to buy them due to there being more gold dropping from better loot sales.

Sticking with entirely mundane equipment has two issues. Firstly? It's sacrificing a good chunk of power. Not so much on the offensive side, but your resistances(both to status effects and elemental damage) would suffer a MASSIVE blow(your amulet and ring slots would also be entirely purposeless, belt, too, if I remember right, since items in those four slots have no "base" stats and only have effects if enchanted). Secondly, once you're out of the first two tiers of gear, non-enchanted equipment, that is, white-named items, are actually really rare. So you'd be waiting a lot longer to gear up, and might end up not actually being able to fill some slots with tier-5 gear at all.
But is it possible, on any difficulty?

• Locked thread