Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

PurpleXVI posted:

Also Skeletal Warriors are probably the first proper risk of death for a lot of players, those bastards and Skeleton Master Archers stay scary throughout a lot of the game.

They hold the record for most overall player deaths of anything in game, with Armored Skeletal Warriors coming in fifth (presumably since they are signficantly less common). Both hit hard relative to their level and have some nasty tricks if they get next to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MagusofStars posted:

Anorithil: Basically you build around Corona and an endless parade of crits to just whittle enemies down. You are never going to do some BIG NUMBER damage, but you do a lot of little numbers that add up.

Adding to this. It's super easy for an Anorithil (particularly as a shalorian) to get their crit rate to or at least near 100%. The way corona works is each time a spell crits, then corona will spawn an auto targeting corona bolt for each nearby enemy. So you cast an attack and it crits, you spawn some bolts. But wait, you also have an aura that auto hits nearby enemies and can crit. More little bolts. You have your circles which are instant cast and can all crit, some even have multiple crit rolls, you can potentially get 7 crits on a single turn from casting circles alone. An endless wave of little rear end in a top hat bolts.

So sample turn: You have 5 enemies near by and cast all your circles and then an attack spells, you have the auto attacking hymn up. You spawn 45 bolts in a single turn and machine gun the hell out of everyone nearby. Anorithils suffer from having only a single way to play them, but they are still pretty fun.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
If you plan on doing multiple runs, then it would probably be better to save all the tinkering stuff for a dedicated tinker class. As you said it is really point hungry, and significantly changes how the character is built.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Artificer posted:

Everyone in this setting is a dick.

While true, Halflings are even more so than others. They have chilled out over the last few centuries, but for most of the world's current history halflings as a whole acted with Saturday morning cartoon levels of villainy.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Inadequately posted:

Speaking of which, in earlier versions of the game (not sure when, sometime before I started getting into it), there was a zone called the Orc Breeding Pits. The main enemies in it were orc babies and Orc Broodmothers, gargantuan bloated wombs covered with babies and breasts. Clearing it out caused orc patrols to slow down/stop spawning.

This zone was eventually removed from the game for being generally bad and tasteless. People still got up in arms about it because gamers are terrible people, and to this day 'Orc Breeding Pits restoration' is one of the most popular addons. I won't be showing it off because amongst other reasons, it's not technically part of the game anymore, but you can look it up in addons if you really want to. (Please don't tell me if you do, I do not want to know.)

There is a reason that Kruk pride fled from the other orcs with instructions to A)hide the women, and B)don't even ask what the other prides did, better to not know.

• Locked thread