Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Bought the game because of this thread (and the Steam sale). Tried making a shadowblade, which died quickly. Made a dwarf alchemist to try and unlock stone warden, which also died quickly. However, dwarf alchemist number two has been doing alright. Unlocked archmage, summoner, wyrmic, and yeeks so far. I did burn through all my extra lives unlocking yeeks, though. Probably shouldn't have tried to clear that particular dungeon in one go at level 10. But I'm level 14 now and have just gotten word of a dire situation in Derth, so I should probably be contemplating my next character.

e: Guess not. Turns out those things were weak to fire damage.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

At my current rate, unlocking the archmage trees via elemental damage is going to take about 20 alchemists. Presumably it speeds up dramatically if they live past the early levels, but that sounds like playing it safe.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

CountryMatters posted:

I will stick to roguelikes where a cloak of magic resistance and a set of silver dragon scale mail is always good and I always know what they do without having to read an enormous random stat block of tiny trivial boring stat changes.

Are those better or worse than a cape of psionic resistance and a set of white dragon chain mail?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Rainuwastaken posted:

They all laughed when I took Bear Lore, but I was the only one prepared for this...

Now I'm trying to fit bear puns into gunfighter names.

Grizzly the Kid
Wyatt Ursa

• Locked thread