Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
gently caress Lost Kin. i'm pretty sure it's an optional boss that im supposed to come back to later but my pride is telling me i have to kill him now and im like 30 tries deep and he's still kicking my rear end -.-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

gently caress Lost Kin. i'm pretty sure it's an optional boss that im supposed to come back to later but my pride is telling me i have to kill him now and im like 30 tries deep and he's still kicking my rear end -.-

he is way easier if you wear the hero badge, the orange things just die instantly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

finally beat the final boss and got 100%, really fantastic. idk about a deathless run but im definitely replaying this again soon just for the hell of it. this is the best non-nintendo metroidvania

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dont play hardcore mode drunk and waltz into endgame areas

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

extremebuff posted:

dont play hardcore mode drunk and waltz into endgame areas

how far did you get? I'm trying to tackle hardcore mode also and I just got wrecked at Watcher Knights, which I knew would be a hurdle but still died to

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

how far did you get? I'm trying to tackle hardcore mode also and I just got wrecked at Watcher Knights, which I knew would be a hurdle but still died to

watcher knights. lmao. got killed while trying to heal like a bitch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watcher knights have now potentially killed my attempt at the speedrun cheevo..i figured if a pro speedrunner could do any% in sub 1hr, doing it sub 5 hours would be easy, how horribly wrong i was

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

beat steel soul mode AND made it in under 5 hours.

but can I get the 100% in under 20?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

beat steel soul mode AND made it in under 5 hours.

but can I get the 100% in under 20?

congrats! if youre gonna go all the way you should at least record the radiance fight

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

extremebuff posted:

congrats! if youre gonna go all the way you should at least record the radiance fight

I'm pretty sure beating radiance isn't actually required for the 100%; I think you can collect everything and just beat hollow knight normally. Since the hardmode bosses can't actually kill you as well, that means the only big difficult thing to do in the 100% run is beating the trial of fools.

I'll probably still record the radiance fight though.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Albinoblacksheep character design + smeary clashing particles over every interaction + primary distinction between environments is the hue of the fake lighting = Ugly

the final boss is just a lanky version of the protagonist... the half-assed parasitism theme only ever used as an excuse to draw blobs instead of shapes... the camera blur, cargo culted into a game set underground... It's totally cool if you like graphics to look like that, but. Let's face it. they're BAAAAAAD hahaha

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Weird all of a sudden I think Hollow Knight looks amazing now, and has great art design. I think the last boss is awesomely designed as well.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

HORMELCHILI posted:

Weird all of a sudden I think Hollow Knight looks amazing now, and has great art design. I think the last boss is awesomely designed as well.

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobweb Heart posted:

Albinoblacksheep character design + smeary clashing particles over every interaction + primary distinction between environments is the hue of the fake lighting = Ugly

the final boss is just a lanky version of the protagonist... the half-assed parasitism theme only ever used as an excuse to draw blobs instead of shapes... the camera blur, cargo culted into a game set underground... It's totally cool if you like graphics to look like that, but. Let's face it. they're BAAAAAAD hahaha

you loving suck idiot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cargo culted. What does this even mean

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Cargo culted. What does this even mean

It's an anthropological term. Back in WWII when the US was stationed on various tiny Melanesian islands the natives would observe the troops using the radio and marching in formation and such and later they would observe packages falling from the sky. Thinking that the formation marching and radio chatter were magical rituals to recieve gifts from the gods they would form 'cults' to recreate the rituals the US troops in hopes of receiving the 'cargo' without actually recognizing the real cause and effect of what was going on. It's actually pretty fascinating but given the context it doesn't make a lot of sense in his sentence.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna stream attempts at the speedrun cheevo for this cargocultclassic in like 15min

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

Same here

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Cobweb Heart posted:

your starting to piss me off

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cargo cult is a classic 2k14 term like human garbage . Respect.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plebian Parasite posted:

It's an anthropological term. Back in WWII when the US was stationed on various tiny Melanesian islands the natives would observe the troops using the radio and marching in formation and such and later they would observe packages falling from the sky. Thinking that the formation marching and radio chatter were magical rituals to recieve gifts from the gods they would form 'cults' to recreate the rituals the US troops in hopes of receiving the 'cargo' without actually recognizing the real cause and effect of what was going on. It's actually pretty fascinating but given the context it doesn't make a lot of sense in his sentence.

N

I

G

G

E

R

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

This game is so big, it's insane. Also I've had to run away from a bunch of bosses. With the open world design and no health bars it's kind of hard to tell whether you're supposed to be fighting them or if you need to power up.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

looks like that camera blur got cargo culted

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HORMELCHILI posted:

This

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

glad that my reverse psychology alt account could thrust you in the correct direction.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
*shaking head* Pretending to blur a camera in a platformer is an idiot ugly decision, and maybe in five or ten years when you guys can smoke and drink you'll start to get why.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Someday you'll forget which words were popular among goons in 2014 and you won't be able to make sick burns like this.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Smart professor of gaming working on his thesis: This intriguing phenomenon, verbed in the context of 2k17 gaming, should concisely imply what I think about developer's propensities to make aesthetic decisions without grasping the provenance and true purpose of the gestures mimicked.

Hooting apes: xThe_BIG_Niggerx made this point better before you even registered.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cobweb Heart posted:

*shaking head* Pretending to blur a camera in a platformer is an idiot ugly decision, and maybe in five or ten years when you guys can smoke and drink you'll start to get why.

Someday you'll forget which words were popular among goons in 2014 and you won't be able to make sick burns like this.

Cobweb Heart posted:

Smart professor of gaming working on his thesis: This intriguing phenomenon, verbed in the context of 2k17 gaming, should concisely imply what I think about developer's propensities to make aesthetic decisions without grasping the provenance and true purpose of the gestures mimicked.

Hooting apes: xThe_BIG_Niggerx made this point better before you even registered.

Why hasn't this poster been brutally domed into obscurity yet.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Cobweb Heart posted:

I'm going to beat you to death with the thesaurus you used to make this abomination.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cobweb Heart posted:

You suck rear end, Cobweb Heart.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought it was awesome when that guy owned Rediscover, but he's laying it on to thick right now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cobweb Heart posted:

It's a bro army term. Back in 2009 when the Pewdiepie was starting his streaming career on various tiny pre-Twitch websites the viewers would observe the Pewds using the term Hey Bros and saying Fist Bump to My Bros as a term of endearment. Thinking that the Fist Bump and stream chatter were really friendly they would form 'armies" of fans recreate the ritual Pewdiepie did with the fist in hopes of receiving the 'bits' without act

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cobweb Heart posted:

Cobweb Heart posted:

shut up idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Why hasn't this poster been brutally domed into obscurity yet.

Because all you people are good at is emptyquoting.

Wormskull posted:

I thought it was awesome when that guy owned Rediscover, but he's laying it on to thick right now.

In Training posted:

You suck rear end, Cobweb Heart.

I used to think you guys were good posters too until I saw the poo poo you play! Here's some tips for the Hollow Knight devs: Make the areas look different instead of the same. Hire a musician that isn't the cheapest guy you found on tigsource. The stag is the only good part, put in more actual animation and fun gibberish voice acting. Then find a fanbase capable of even 1 solid putdown on your detractors. It won't be in the Imp Zone

• Locked thread