Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Hollow K***ht

should be th thread title imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

Yeah seriously can we all get back to talking about how loving epic Hollow Knight is please?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

Can you guys take this nonsense to a different thread please.. Anyways I'm lost as hell in this. I've gotten what feels like most of the upgrades, am 2/3rds of the way to the big egg and I'm clueless. There's no loose ends on my map.. I'll solve the puzzle soon

:flame:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Just played this game all evening. It is fully sick and I am enormously in love with it

last boss i beat was Dung Defender. such a great fight, such a great theme, such a great design

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Cobweb Heart posted:

I used to think you guys were good posters too until I saw the poo poo you play! Here's some tips for the Hollow Knight devs: Make the areas look different instead of the same.

are you literally brain damaged

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

last boss i beat was Dung Defender.

lmfao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Most boss names are cool. He's the only one with a silly name

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
The Defender of Dung

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
last boss i beat was Burrito Bison. such a great fight, such a great theme, such a great design

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

last boss i beat was Burrito Bison. such a great fight, such a great theme, such a great design

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

this post made me hungry

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Liquid Drink posted:

The Defender of Dung

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i started this, and love it

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Where is the map in the Royal Waterways? This is driving me crazy!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Aston posted:

Where is the map in the Royal Waterways? This is driving me crazy!

Yeah i never ever found it, thought i finished the area, and whilst in the shop to buy the map for the gardens, i saw it waterways map there too. and it turned out i missed like, a bunch of poo poo down there. This game is freakin huge. For example I just found a new main story thread after having access to the final boss.. True ending here I come

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I can't even buy it from the shop. I'm at the final boss but I don't want to fight him until I found the stupid map.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Aston posted:

I can't even buy it from the shop. I'm at the final boss but I don't want to fight him until I found the stupid map.
I think it's pretty much in the upper left corner of the area, somewhere above the exit to mantis town.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I looked it up in the end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are like 4 major huge areas that are totally optional and can be skipped if you know what to gun for its really neat

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
one of my friends talked about how he felt like there wasn't really a critical path in the game - he'd just been wandering all over the place and didn't feel 'channeled'. i had the opposite experience - it seemed like there was only really one place to go at a time, and it was fun, but not super nonlinear

then i discovered a 50 geo gate on the right side of the first area that unlocked another area, where i fell down a hole, got trapped in a dream, rescued by a witch, smashed into a coffin, and just generally got completely lost in an absolutely huge area that i'd had no idea existed

the irreplaceable one-of-a-kind wilted flower joke is really good, especially since i was lost as hell at the time. i got real sad when i realized there was absolutely no way i was accomplishing that quest without even knowing where i was, and then i went back the mourner...

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this game is good i've been playing it and lovin it. didn't read any previous pages looks like it got racial or something

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

b_d posted:

this game is good i've been playing it and lovin it. didn't read any previous pages looks like it got racial or something

Uh

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

not trying to reignite anything just here to talk about hollow knight

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Back off you pathetic, desperate homo. *screws silencer onto USP*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Relax.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

b_d posted:

not trying to reignite anything just here to talk about hollow knight

gently caress off

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

*gets excited and accidentally starts to unscrew it as you walk past the corner*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I call it Hollow K***ht.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

*gets excited and accidentally starts to unscrew it as you walk past the corner*

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

gently caress off

*puts the USP to your dome* b_d is cool. Cram it bitch. Consider this your warning.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

christ didn't think it would be so hard to talk about this charming indie fusion of metroid and dark souls, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*clears throat* Sorry, I was watching John Wick and got a little too popped off about murdering people with guns.

• Locked thread