Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Albinoblacksheep character design + smeary clashing particles over every interaction + primary distinction between environments is the hue of the fake lighting = Ugly

the final boss is just a lanky version of the protagonist... the half-assed parasitism theme only ever used as an excuse to draw blobs instead of shapes... the camera blur, cargo culted into a game set underground... It's totally cool if you like graphics to look like that, but. Let's face it. they're BAAAAAAD hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
*shaking head* Pretending to blur a camera in a platformer is an idiot ugly decision, and maybe in five or ten years when you guys can smoke and drink you'll start to get why.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Cargo cult is a classic 2k14 term like human garbage . Respect.

Someday you'll forget which words were popular among goons in 2014 and you won't be able to make sick burns like this.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Smart professor of gaming working on his thesis: This intriguing phenomenon, verbed in the context of 2k17 gaming, should concisely imply what I think about developer's propensities to make aesthetic decisions without grasping the provenance and true purpose of the gestures mimicked.

Hooting apes: xThe_BIG_Niggerx made this point better before you even registered.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Why hasn't this poster been brutally domed into obscurity yet.

Because all you people are good at is emptyquoting.

Wormskull posted:

I thought it was awesome when that guy owned Rediscover, but he's laying it on to thick right now.

In Training posted:

You suck rear end, Cobweb Heart.

I used to think you guys were good posters too until I saw the poo poo you play! Here's some tips for the Hollow Knight devs: Make the areas look different instead of the same. Hire a musician that isn't the cheapest guy you found on tigsource. The stag is the only good part, put in more actual animation and fun gibberish voice acting. Then find a fanbase capable of even 1 solid putdown on your detractors. It won't be in the Imp Zone

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I don't play this game, so don't flame me about that dude... Not cool.

Oh, I'm sorry. Serves me right for not reading. You don't play poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

In Training posted:

I haven't played this game either. You clown rear end! You mother fuckwr!

You can call me what you like. But I think it's unfair to focus so much hatred on the messenger who's courying this bad news, that this game is ugly dog poo poo. I will readily forgive anyone who renounces Dark Souls Castle Crashers and grows a standard, just as quickly as I'll admit to my own clown rear end.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You know what? Forget Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey, and Yakuza 0, Hollow Knight is my GOTY pick for 2017.

That's not funny, you pig.

Control Volume posted:

Verily, this farce of "blurring" a camera in platforming-style video entertainment is a decision for fools. Mayhap when thou art no longer suckling thine mother's bosom shall thou understand.

Thine memory will one day fail thee, fiend, and thus will thine defeat in this verbal joust come to pass.

Thine folly is in thy belief of late
that fellow poster any cares to see
thine face. Hence shalt thou hie, whoreson, right quick,
and shut your mouth forever, yet, somehow,
still suck my dick.

• Locked thread