Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Bought 500 copies of this game for all my co workers on Steam so that Gabe Newell, or rather, Lord Gabe Newell lol, makes a lot of money. I love to support Lord Gabe Newell. He's godlike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Does this (and Ori, for that matter) have any sections you can't go back to to collect things after going through it the first time? I hate that in games like this.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

The art style is garbage

:jihad:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Whoops i mean Cant wait to play this newgrounds game too and gigglesquee at the cute cartoon style

Newgrounds kicks rear end, fucker.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff posted:

what lol

ori had a no-going-back final zone but you're explicitly warned about it, and they got rid of this in the definitive ed. hollow knight doesnt have anything like that

Sick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Games made by Newgrounds people:
Castle Crashers
Super Meat Boy
Binding of Isaac
Battleblock Theater

Games NOT made by Newgrounds people:
Assassin's Creed III
Borderlands 2
Mighty No. 9
Mass Effect: Andromeda

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

i havent played yet but i heard that there are NPC quests w different permanent outcomes Dark Souls style where if you leave them for too late u can miss out ... is that true, do you know?

I don't mind that kind of thing nearly as much. I'm up for replaying a full game to do new/different questlines, but not to get energy upgrade #37/50 because I missed it the first time.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

discount cathouse posted:

ah yes, beloved classic, battleblock theater

It's fun... shove off.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Weird all of a sudden I think Hollow Knight looks amazing now, and has great art design. I think the last boss is awesomely designed as well.

This

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Cobweb Heart posted:

*shaking head* Pretending to blur a camera in a platformer is an idiot ugly decision, and maybe in five or ten years when you guys can smoke and drink you'll start to get why.

Someday you'll forget which words were popular among goons in 2014 and you won't be able to make sick burns like this.

Cobweb Heart posted:

Smart professor of gaming working on his thesis: This intriguing phenomenon, verbed in the context of 2k17 gaming, should concisely imply what I think about developer's propensities to make aesthetic decisions without grasping the provenance and true purpose of the gestures mimicked.

Hooting apes: xThe_BIG_Niggerx made this point better before you even registered.

Cobweb Heart posted:

Because all you people are good at is emptyquoting.

I used to think you guys were good posters too until I saw the poo poo you play! Here's some tips for the Hollow Knight devs: Make the areas look different instead of the same. Hire a musician that isn't the cheapest guy you found on tigsource. The stag is the only good part, put in more actual animation and fun gibberish voice acting. Then find a fanbase capable of even 1 solid putdown on your detractors. It won't be in the Imp Zone

You know what? Forget Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey, and Yakuza 0, Hollow Knight is my GOTY pick for 2017.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

That guy is Tails Butthole Guy

Oh my god. He is.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That's definitely Cyra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

christ didn't think it would be so hard to talk about this charming indie fusion of metroid and dark souls, but here I am, doing everything I can
Holding on to what I am
Pretending I'm a superman
I'm trying to keep, the ground on my feet
Seems the world is falling down around me
The night's are long, I'm singing this song
Trying to make the answer's more a maybe
And I'm so confused, about what to do
Sometimes I want to throw it all away
So here I am, growing older all the time,
Looking older all the time,
Feeling younger in my mind
So here I am, doing everything I can