Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Soral posted:

i heard it's coming to switch soon with the dlc included for free so i'll definitely be getting it there

I'm not sure about the remaining dlc, but they already announced that the first pack is free for pc as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I've been binging on this the last couple of days and the best way I can describe it is La-Mulana with better air control and without the need to keep a notebook in your lap.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

i havent played yet but i heard that there are NPC quests w different permanent outcomes Dark Souls style where if you leave them for too late u can miss out ... is that true, do you know?

There's a couple but it only affects achievements and dialogue not any upgrade availability

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I can't remember the last time i played so much and so hard I could feel it in my hands. But now I'm sitting at 100% completion and all that's left to do is beat the final boss. It's a solid loving game and I'm looking forward to the content pack coming out next month.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

extremebuff posted:

theres a lot of detail and love poured into this game..ran into a combat arena thing and they could've easily just spawned in waves of existing enemies with increasing numbers/difficulty but it has several unique gladiator monsters and unique variants of critters that are bigger and wear helms and poo poo, new mini-bosses, the arena dynamically adds in walls and spikes and stuff for a section where you have to fight a bunch of flying enemies without touching the ground, or a low ceiling so that you can't jump to dodge etc. it was full of surprises.

i found every grub and did the stuff to get the 'true' ending, but theres still one optional boss left and idk if i'll ever beat soul tyrant. after 100 tries with every upgrade i finally killed him and then there's a second phase that's even more insane :(

re: optional boss You pretty much gotta have a spell centric charm set if you want to get anywhere and you gotta use the up+b spell since it deals something ridiculous like 16x nail damage if you get his whole hitbox. If you pretty much focus on dodging and just nail him with a spell every time he does the whole 'rotating orb' attack he goes down pretty easily. I still had a lot of trouble with him because you gotta sporadically attack to keep your soul charge going but so long as you don't try to damage race him like you can with other bosses, you should come out fine.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

extremebuff posted:

dont play hardcore mode drunk and waltz into endgame areas

how far did you get? I'm trying to tackle hardcore mode also and I just got wrecked at Watcher Knights, which I knew would be a hurdle but still died to

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

beat steel soul mode AND made it in under 5 hours.

but can I get the 100% in under 20?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

extremebuff posted:

congrats! if youre gonna go all the way you should at least record the radiance fight

I'm pretty sure beating radiance isn't actually required for the 100%; I think you can collect everything and just beat hollow knight normally. Since the hardmode bosses can't actually kill you as well, that means the only big difficult thing to do in the 100% run is beating the trial of fools.

I'll probably still record the radiance fight though.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Cargo culted. What does this even mean

It's an anthropological term. Back in WWII when the US was stationed on various tiny Melanesian islands the natives would observe the troops using the radio and marching in formation and such and later they would observe packages falling from the sky. Thinking that the formation marching and radio chatter were magical rituals to recieve gifts from the gods they would form 'cults' to recreate the rituals the US troops in hopes of receiving the 'cargo' without actually recognizing the real cause and effect of what was going on. It's actually pretty fascinating but given the context it doesn't make a lot of sense in his sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

Can you guys take this nonsense to a different thread please.. Anyways I'm lost as hell in this. I've gotten what feels like most of the upgrades, am 2/3rds of the way to the big egg and I'm clueless. There's no loose ends on my map.. I'll solve the puzzle soon

what upgrades do you have?

• Locked thread