Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Apparently you do

Shut up dumb rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i'm not the biggest fan of the art style either but i don't think its bad and i haven't played a good metroidvania in years so i'm about to buy it off steam right now.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

This game is really cool and the art style grew on me almost instantly... Just got my first movement upgrade and I'm starting to feel the 'vania anxiety of ah poo poo there were so many places I couldn't go before that I can go to now and what if I can't find them all again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Japex posted:

alright big guy what's your idea of a """good game"""

Your use of gay scare quotes makes me want to spin kick your head off.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Your use of gay as a pejorative makes me want to have you strung up to a warehouse celing and shot with five thousand machine guns. gently caress off you tiny little stoner retard.

You used the word homo as a pejorative in the last caremad post you made towards me. Those who live in glass houses and all that

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I love the game. The upgrades have all been sick so far & I have completely fallen in love with the art style at this point.. I even care about the story which I did not expect to do. Looking forward to playing more once I get over losing 1700 geo after dying seconds before killing my ghost and getting them back

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I recognize what the Big Goal is and I also just saw the cutscene that told me explicitly what it was. But I knew before that

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

There is absolutely so much poo poo everywhere and I can think of at least like 3 different places spread across every area I've visited so far where I can use the new movement upgrade I just got. And also now that I think about it there's like 10 places where I can use the ability I got before this one, that I haven't explored yet. I need to start writing some of this down :sweatdrop:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The art style is deceptive if you just go off screen shots and the steam page.. The game is loving beautiful and incredibly charming and if u think it's too monochromatic then guess what bud -- poo poo gets mad bright and vivid in some areas & (90% of) the Zones I've explored so far have been visually interesting in there own unique way. I love it.. Maybe it premature to say but This game might be up there with Super Metroid and the like. maybe. if not it's just like a tick or so below them. It f*ckin rules ya'll

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Liquid Drink posted:

This game is a triumph. I'm making a note here: huge success.

You haven't even played it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

REmake is a perfect game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gently caress Lost Kin. i'm pretty sure it's an optional boss that im supposed to come back to later but my pride is telling me i have to kill him now and im like 30 tries deep and he's still kicking my rear end -.-

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Cobweb Heart posted:

Albinoblacksheep character design + smeary clashing particles over every interaction + primary distinction between environments is the hue of the fake lighting = Ugly

the final boss is just a lanky version of the protagonist... the half-assed parasitism theme only ever used as an excuse to draw blobs instead of shapes... the camera blur, cargo culted into a game set underground... It's totally cool if you like graphics to look like that, but. Let's face it. they're BAAAAAAD hahaha

your starting to piss me off

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Can you guys take this nonsense to a different thread please.. Anyways I'm lost as hell in this. I've gotten what feels like most of the upgrades, am 2/3rds of the way to the big egg and I'm clueless. There's no loose ends on my map.. I'll solve the puzzle soon

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Liquid Drink posted:

Yeah seriously can we all get back to talking about how loving epic Hollow Knight is please?

Fly away, troll.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Most boss names are cool. He's the only one with a silly name

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Aston posted:

Where is the map in the Royal Waterways? This is driving me crazy!

Yeah i never ever found it, thought i finished the area, and whilst in the shop to buy the map for the gardens, i saw it waterways map there too. and it turned out i missed like, a bunch of poo poo down there. This game is freakin huge. For example I just found a new main story thread after having access to the final boss.. True ending here I come

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

b_d posted:

this game is good i've been playing it and lovin it. didn't read any previous pages looks like it got racial or something

Uh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Back off you pathetic, desperate homo. *screws silencer onto USP*

Relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

go ahead and slap mine on there too. the game is really good

• Locked thread