Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a lawnbott/ambrogio/Husqvarna. I got the largest residential unit they make under the Lawnbott name and it has been going good for 4 years. I did have a wheel motor and transmitter break at the same time. I think my automotive battery charger spiked the house wiring and fried them.
This wasn't a huge deal except that Husqvarna, the parent of Ambrogio, named Lawnbott in the USA pulled out of US distribution. It took months to get parts from Italy. Paraside Robotics jump started US distribution and now is the sole distributor in the US for what is now known as just Ambrogio. So if you live here, you'll need to be comfortable with one distributor for your parts supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Landscapers want to charge 150 a month to mow my yard. Having a robot go out every day and keep it the same height every day is great. I feel like it has paid for itself after 4 years. I do have to use an edger, but I only bring it out every couple of weeks.
Working on it is straight forward, everything comes apart. They are really simple machines and the money you pay for is from the low volume production and R&D.

I have no regrets.

https://youtu.be/bIiioX9AC_c

Working again after waiting for parts. I let the grass die, I hate mowing.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 6, 2017

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
The blade moves faster as well as being sharper so the cuts are more clean instead of the ripping effect that traditional mowers do.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
The line constantly broadcasts a keep alive signal, if the line is broken the robot stops.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I've been curious about the Robomow brand, so let us know how it works.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Video please.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I was going to get a bluetooth module for my Lawnbott but the range was obviously going to be an issue. It got stuck a lot at first due to wire placement and incline, once that is ironed out it can run for weeks without getting stuck. I had to upgrade the wheels to some spiked wheels as some of my inclines were a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I have mine move from the back yard to the front yard through a fence doggy door for it. I have it back track counter clockwise along the perimeter wire x amount of feet for a "secondary area" the wire runs through the doggy door. The other side of the loop doesn't run through the door, it just runs through the fence so when its in the "search charge" mode it runs clockwise along the wire, when it comes to the part where the wire runs into the fence the mower bumps into the fence, backs up, makes a large turn to find the wire again, bypassing the doggy door. I'll have to put a vid some day.

• Locked thread