Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
trying to transfer a backup to an iPhone 7 and boy oh boy does iTunes suck

Hey timb instead of trying to figure out how to make the iPhone like an android how about you fix iTunes instead

Touch id behind the screen how about an iTunes backup and restore experience that doesn't give me a migraine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
itunes is good, gas op ban thread

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

RISCy Business posted:

itunes is good

*very trump voice* WRONG!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Now my Apple id has been disabled

Despite not entering the password wrong once

Thanks timb

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i haven't had to touch itunes in years.

op is fail

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

akadajet posted:

i haven't had to touch itunes in years.

op is fail

You haven't touched a woman in years either, coincidence???

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
why are you using itunes to back up your phone?

what is this, 2007?

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Doc Block posted:

why are you using itunes to back up your phone?

what is this, 2007?

What do you use

No really is there something else that I can use to transfer poo poo from my old phone to my new one cause god drat this iTunes poo poo sucks

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
lol just log into your apple id on the new device and start using it

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Kirk posted:

lol just log into your apple id on the new device and start using it

I did

Everytime I do, timb bursts through my door, slaps the phone out of my hands and yells "ITS DISABLED"

timb

why

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
just loving sign in and choose the "restore from icloud backup" option

jfc

My Linux Rig posted:

Everytime I do, timb bursts through my door, slaps the phone out of my hands and yells "ITS DISABLED"

http://appleid.apple.com to re-enable it and stop typing in the password wrong in the future

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Doc Block posted:

jfc

I can't cause my backup is bigger than five gigs and I don't care to buy a bigger account so I use my computer

Why should this be harder on a computer what the gently caress timb

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Doc Block posted:

jfc

http://appleid.apple.com to re-enable it and stop typing in the password wrong in the future

I did that! I can sign in and answer all the terrible security questions like what blood type is my cat, what was your dream job when you were five, are you a power bottom but it still loving comes up

i don't like you or your questions timb

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
hmm yes, instead of the backup thing that just automatically backs up all my stuff overnight

let me have to manually connect my phone to a computer, launch a program, mash the backup button, wait for it to sync, hit the eject button, then it's finally done

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
i don't even have a cat wtf timb!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

My Linux Rig posted:

I did that! I can sign in and answer all the terrible security questions like what blood type is my cat, what was your dream job when you were five, are you a power bottom but it still loving comes up

i don't like you or your questions timb

did you try googling the error message it gives you? i mean :cmon: :drat:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its pretty bad

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Doc Block posted:

hmm yes, instead of the backup thing that just automatically backs up all my stuff overnight

let me have to manually connect my phone to a computer, launch a program, mash the backup button, wait for it to sync, hit the eject button, then it's finally done

did you try googling the exact error message it gives you? i mean :cmon: :drat:

I did, all I get are a list of timbs favorite sex positions and directions to his house

that's not gonna fix my phone timb!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

i'll have you know that itunes is actually pretty good, stop auto-synching and backupping and buy a proper mac

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

geonetix posted:

i'll have you know that itunes is actually pretty good, stop auto-synching and backupping and buy a proper mac

i'm doing this on a Mac!!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Nice!!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
ugh, here's the solution to your problem

was googling that so hard?

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
now I'm on the phone with timb but he won't tell me how to fix it he just keeps playing dubstep music and breathes heavily into the phone

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

doc block please stop sending me links to sex toys I'm not interested

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
i just want you to have a great phone experience

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Doc Block posted:

i just want you to have a great anal experience

well thank you but right now i need to fix my phone

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

what's the worst that could happen

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

geonetix posted:

what's the worst that could happen

well it could fail to fix my phone and then I'm really up poo poo creek!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

oh no!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
timb is still on the line but now the music has stopped and I hear a lot of loud rapid squishing noises???

does this mean my phone is getting fixed?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
iTunes is bad but op is actually worse. p impressive

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Management posted:

iTunes is bad but op is actually worse. p impressive

whats the inside scoop on itunes? is it just a nightmare mess of legacy poo poo with sorta newish things bolted on each year?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

and i actually like itunes. i just use it to play music and add new music to my computer and it seems to play the music fine. been doing this for years with no issue

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i hate how it opens when i plug in that's all

other than that i don't use it

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

echinopsis posted:

i hate how it opens when i plug in that's all

other than that i don't use it

you can turn that off

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
instead of telling me that solutions exist, please just tell me the solution

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

itunes is bad because it uses a (heh) xml file for its library!! XD
this means that for those of us with very large libraries, itunes is slow as february dog poo poo while it parses xml file

GetElementByXPath(bigasslibrary.xml, bieber, title[1]) or instead of select titles where artist equals bieber gently caress i don't know i'm not a database guy

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i don't see the problem, itunes works just fine on my 15" 2015 MacBook Pro With Retina Display

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
not seeing the problem here, it's probably an id10t pebkac problem with the op, iTunes backs up and syncs my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Matte Black over wifi every night, not sure how else you'd like to do that, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

vas0line posted:

itunes is bad because it uses a (heh) xml file for its library!! XD
this means that for those of us with very large libraries, itunes is slow as february dog poo poo while it parses xml file

GetElementByXPath(bigasslibrary.xml, bieber, title[1]) or instead of select titles where artist equals bieber gently caress i don't know i'm not a database guy

no, it exports an xml file but internally uses an undocumented and obfuscated binary .itl file thats about 1/4 the size of the xml file

http://fileformats.archiveteam.org/wiki/ITunes_Music_Library

• Locked thread