Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
why are you using itunes to back up your phone?

what is this, 2007?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
just loving sign in and choose the "restore from icloud backup" option

jfc

My Linux Rig posted:

Everytime I do, timb bursts through my door, slaps the phone out of my hands and yells "ITS DISABLED"

http://appleid.apple.com to re-enable it and stop typing in the password wrong in the future

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
hmm yes, instead of the backup thing that just automatically backs up all my stuff overnight

let me have to manually connect my phone to a computer, launch a program, mash the backup button, wait for it to sync, hit the eject button, then it's finally done

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

My Linux Rig posted:

I did that! I can sign in and answer all the terrible security questions like what blood type is my cat, what was your dream job when you were five, are you a power bottom but it still loving comes up

i don't like you or your questions timb

did you try googling the error message it gives you? i mean :cmon: :drat:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
ugh, here's the solution to your problem

was googling that so hard?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
i just want you to have a great phone experience

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

serious post don't you need to re-log in to all your Appz if you do this vs the iTunes backup? (i do the itunes backup because i do not want to sign in to Appz)

It Depends. honestly, I don't remember having to do that for any apps back in September when I got my iPhone 7 and restored my iPhone 6's last iCloud backup onto it. guess it just depends on how/where the app stores your password/login token/whatever. don't remember if the keychain gets backed up to iCloud or not.

in practice it's not that big of a deal and handily beats having to backup your phone in iTunes (which only backs up your passwords etc if you do an encrypted backup) and risking losing all your poo poo if you forget or get lazy and don't do it for a while and then lose/break your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
dude, you can even install the betas with just OTA upgrades. no need for iTunes.

like, I still have my iPhone 6, and putting the iOS 11 beta on it just involved installing the device management profile for it from Apple (by going to the developer website on the iPhone 6 and downloading it straight onto the phone) and then going into Settings and doing a normal OTA upgrade.

edit: I think I had to restart the phone after the profile was installed. it'll tell you if you need to.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 3, 2017

• Locked thread