Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goddamit

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rovert should be more like RGL, imo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hahaha

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I'm getting the impression Vince has already soured on the Kanellis' gimmick

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
smackdown status: lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Someone print it out and tape it on Bayley's locker

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

smackdown status: lol

The right person won and now Becky can make that sour face for like four more months

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sigma posted:

The right person won

That ending shows they definitely didn't think the first match's ending would 1) be as bad or 2) get anywhere near as bad a reaction as it got and had to pull an audible to fix it with this, which is absolutely positively 100000% :laffo: worthy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is this Finn's fault?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

That ending shows they definitely didn't think the first match's ending would 1) be as bad or 2) get anywhere near as bad a reaction as it got and had to pull an audible to fix it with this, which is absolutely positively 100000% :laffo: worthy

I still think all of this was absolutely intentional to pop ratings on SmackDown after they were abysmally low.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

This is the face of a 5th grader who could win a Kendo Stick match

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I hope Ellesworth waddles out next week in a plastercast diaper. Becky done hosed up the big hog.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Thought he was already? What's he been doing then??

Crying while petting his cats, I assume.

Just like me. :smith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kota not signing for the WWE has got to be 100% the smartest move in wrestling and you have to think as long New Japan doesn't low ball Kenny he's going to stay cause god the WWE is a mess right now

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

I think they should just have Gallows and Anderson go face, hook back up with Balor, and give them all a push.

I mean, gently caress. Can you imagine if Smackdown was Gallows, Anderson, and Finn/AJ instead of Jinder and the Singh Brothers? How much better would that be?

WWE is just being stupid by keeping Gallows and Anderson away from AJ and FInn.

Gorn Myson posted:

I was also thinking like a modern APA. Not in the whole protection thing, just in the sense that they're portrayed as being dominant but also drink (non-alcoholic) beer and do silly poo poo backstage.

Theres like a billion things they can do to get them over, but instead you get poo poo like them debuting and being forced into a 50/50 fued with the Usos which pretty much killed any enthusiasm that people had for them.
Exactly. There was hype for them coming in, then the just went straight into "we're another WWE tag team" within weeks.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Talking Smack was A++ this week.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Faustian Bargain posted:

Exactly. There was hype for them coming in, then the just went straight into "we're another WWE tag team" within weeks.

WWE's mission for the last several years has been to kill enthusiasm for everything. Their moves couldn't have been better suited for destroying hype for every single thing that had hype if they had in fact been calculated to do so.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE has always had a history of watering down gimmicks or changing things so it feels more WWE even if it means drawing less so it's no huge surprise they'd punt on the Club when if they did it right they could make huge merch money

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

WWE's mission for the last several years has been to kill enthusiasm for everything. Their moves couldn't have been better suited for destroying hype for every single thing that had hype if they had in fact been calculated to do so.

Look, the second you realize that WWE believes The Brand Should Be The Only Star and it is slightly calculated, the happier you'll be

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought Raw and SD were both good this week. Been a while since that happened.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Another crappy Smackdown. And the Jinder/Orton poo poo somehow keeps getting worse.

How do they look at the Joe/Brock stuff on Raw and think "yes, what SD's title scene really needs is bringing back a 10-year-old gimmick match everyone hated the last time out"

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Bumper Stickup posted:

Just send Bailey and The Revival back to NXT. Then let NXT be its own thing.

I would love to see Bayley feud with my newest favorite wrestler, Nikki Cross.

Speaking of which, when the hell are they bringing up Asuka?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

No.... no.

Vince McMahon buries Bayley in an avalanche of her own tears.

im cute fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 28, 2017

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I would love to see Bayley feud with my newest favorite wrestler, Nikki Cross.

Speaking of which, when the hell are they bringing up Asuka?

After SummerSlam. She'll drop the title to Ember Moon at TakeOver Brooklyn III. Though it might be one of those "Ember wins, Asuka stays down until she gets her rematch" situations. Assuming it's that kind of thing, then the rematch will likely be at TakeOver Houston (Survivor Series weekend) and then she'll show up on main roster the Monday or Tuesday after Survivor Series.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Look, the second you realize that WWE believes The Brand Should Be The Only Star and it is slightly calculated, the happier you'll be

Well yeah cause I stopped watching duh.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

VJeff posted:

Rovert should be more like RGL, imo.

Name a RGL scoop.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Hahaha

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ohh that owns

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sasha beats Bliss for the title. She then turns to redo the NXT feud with Bayley only this time it fails because of how badly Bayley's been booked, Sasha's not allowed to be as vicious as she was in NXT, and the matches won't be agented as well.

Alexa turns because no one gives a drat about any of the remaining faces, and the circle is complete.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Other than Jinder/Orton I liked SD. I dunno why people are saying it was terrible.

It had:

-AMAZING Fashion Vice segment
-Pretty okay matches (I actually thought the main was very good, even)
-Solid booking
-Good pacing
-I like the feuds sans Jinder/Orton. You've got Usos/New Day (which rules IMO), AJ/KO, Shin/Corbin (I sort of expect these to both be placeholders until they do Shin/AJ at Summerslam), and I'm actually sorta intrigued by Sami/Kanellis.
-I think ND/Usos is a pretty fantastic feud and also has plenty of its own character. Like IMO it seems the people involved are largely allowed to be themselves, which is missing in WWE.

Now I will grant you, Jinder/Orton is such hot trash that if that sours you on the rest, I can completely get it. But I think the rest of the show was pretty good and SD as a brand has a lot of good stuff going on and that they may be setting up.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

My 9 year old still loves Bayley, but I can definitely see her care just a little bit less every week. I didn't even bother showing her the kendo stick match, and she found the Corey Graves thing very confusing. At least she still has Naomi, Balor, and Owens, I guess.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

wwe booking owns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Name a RGL scoop.

The sunshine he scoops into our otherwise drab lives.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP.

I really dug that Smackdown, was surprised while going through the GDT to see a fair bit of negativity towards it. I dug Carmella winning the match (I was really excited for Becky when it looked like she would win it though!) but nothing beat the Fashion Vice segment and the Ascension quietly taking those Eddie Money tickets.

Edit: Watching Talking Smack - "Who gets distracted away from Goldberg?" :lol:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm so glad SWEET BEETZ is back and Talking Smack is good again

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Name a RGL scoop.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I'm gonna whoop your rear end, op

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What did AJ Styles sat that got everyone on Twitter moralizing about supporting the WWE?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

What did AJ Styles sat that got everyone on Twitter moralizing about supporting the WWE?

He liked a tweet that called African migrants Muslin invaders.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BensonRichardE/status/880033069952053248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He liked a tweet that called African migrants Muslin invaders.

He really wants to suck up to Vince.

• Locked thread