Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Some black kids and a couple of white kids playing together over on the bad side of town and I was like, wow that's cool... There is hope for this country.

I get close and it's albino black kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Kuato posted:

I was behind some dude getting a fountain pop, he walked away and then I got one. I then heard a loud "HOLY poo poo" scream from around the corner, apparently he somehow managed to drop his fountain pop and have an ice cube ricochet and hit him in the eye.

Did not think such a thing was physically possible, but it was very funny AND memorable.

fountain "pop"? what is this hogwash :doh:

it's called soda

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

some dude outside my office window got shot in the head and died in the parking lot

who shot him?

did he die "for reals"?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Was once near an airport while there were very heavy, hurricane like winds and saw a big Boeing make a landing. The plane was basically flying sideways and almost stood in the air for a moment (which was super surreal) because of the wind and was generally super wobbly. Everyone around me stopped talking and we were all just staring at the plane and I was expecting to see the thing crash and go up in flames but the pilot made it, even though it was obviously a rough landing. They closed the airport shortly afterwards because of the severe weather IIRC.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 27, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
In the church car park, in the gutter, was an elastic band ball. In the middle of the elastic band ball was a matchbox. In the matchbox was a plectrum.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Since this seems to have turned into Faces of Death: The Thread, I have an appropriate story to share.

I was hanging out in downtown San Francisco. A public bus turns the corner, but makes the turn a little too tight, as buses do all the time in the crowded downtown streets. The back wheel of the bus hops the curb for about a foot or two. Nobody paid it any attention except this one middle-aged lady, who got on her phone and in a thick midwestern accent says "you'll never believe what I just saw!" and proceeds to describe the bus hopping the curb a little like it's the most interesting damned thing ever. Keep in mind this is downtown San Fran so it's a freak show on every block.

Now that I actually read it, I guess that anecdote wasn't really on the Faces of Death theme, after all

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Trunko posted:

Some black kids and a couple of white kids playing together over on the bad side of town and I was like, wow that's cool... There is hope for this country.

I get close and it's albino black kids

This is going down outside my window right now. There's black, white, Muslim and Indian families all facing a playground. I suppose it's cool

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
A guy got shot in front of a local bar as I was leaving and I saw cops chasing the shooter with their guns out and they looked like they were about to piss their pants. The guy lived though and the shooter escaped.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I was also very drunk so I didn't give two shits about any of it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I saw a ride his bike into traffic, right into the side of the car right in front of me. He couldn't have been more than 4. He was on one of those bikes with training wheels so he was more scooting with his feet off the pedals, and went right down the driveway, and whammed his head right into the passenger door. I stopped and the car in front of me stopped, the kid had a bloody chin, and was crying but seemed fine. The funny thing was the kids mom came out of the house and was like

"What did I tell you about riding into the street!? Some day you're going to get killed doing that!!"

She didn't call the police or an ambulance or anything, and seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole deal. Free range parenting or something.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I whispered "bloody mary" in a dark bathroom 3 times

u'll never guess what i saw next

A tomato juice drink?

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
I was out on the back part of the property stocking feeders and heard a loud pop over head, and a Cessna slammed into the ground a few hundred yards away from me and exploded, pretty close to the edge of the lot where the trees meet the field. There was a small airport real close and a helicopter museum, so these planes flew low over the farmhouse all the time.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i saw a young bird drown

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I saw a bird fly into a windmill and die. Same with a window.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I also saw a bird hit by a car too

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Saw a dude who blew his brains out in a jeep on the side of the interstate. At the time I passed the scene it looked like a high level drug bust. I found out later that, nope the person in the jeep was actually on his way to court, pulled way over past the shoulder, stopped in front of the prison then shot himself in the head.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

There was a shirtless guy doing push-ups on a concrete median by the highway on-ramp the other day. I was thinking this was his spanging technique, but he was doing it while the light was red and everyone was stopped, so then I thought he might just really be into fitness or something.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Streak posted:

i saw a young bird drown

I've had ~5-10 separate experiences where I'll randomly look down and see a dead baby bird on the ground, usually after a rainstorm, but not always, and not always directly underneath a tree.

Does anybody besides me have this issue??

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I saw 4 teenagers brawling downtown at like 1 AM and one of them apologized for quote their foolishness endquote

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I was in China on a tour bus full of foreigners driving on a lovely rural dirt road. Chinese drivers are loving nuts and the whole trip was scary. There was a bus full of natives from the same tour company directly in front of us. The bus in front of us crashes, which surprised no one. People with first aid skills go help.....and then they start dragging multiple dead bodies off the bus. After that we all told our driver to turn the gently caress around and take us to the closest major city.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Turdo posted:

Driving a one lane country road in the middle of the night during hunting season I came across a deer that had been shot but not killed. It's back legs were paralyzed from being shot in the spine and the miserable thing kept collapsing while trying to stand with its front legs. I wasn't able to get around it so I had to sit there and watch it drag itself across the road with its front hooves, which took at least five minutes. It was frothing from exhaustion and I could hear it panting and scraping, creepy as gently caress all around. Only time I ever wished I had a gun on me, so that I could've put it down. There's a 100% chance it was eaten alive by coyotes.

just kill it with a rock like a man you huge pussy

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I whispered "bloody mary" in a dark bathroom 3 times

u'll never guess what i saw next

where's the link I want to know :-(((

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Saw two mid 30s somewhat fit yuppy guys fighting on the street in Santa Monica. The surprising thing was they were both slapping each other, and they looked incredibly scared and panicked but also angry.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Saw two guys duking it out on St. Patty's day. They had their hands up and wide stances and everything, really going at it. Totally different feom the othwr drunken shoving matches I'd seen that day

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

soy posted:

Saw two mid 30s somewhat fit yuppy guys fighting on the street in Santa Monica. The surprising thing was they were both slapping each other, and they looked incredibly scared and panicked but also angry.

I saw two dads, 40s and in button down shirts and ties, get into a fender bender near the beach. They pulled over and started ruthlessly beating the poo poo out of each other.

It owned.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

I saw two dads, 40s and in button down shirts and ties, get into a fender bender near the beach. They pulled over and started ruthlessly beating the poo poo out of each other.

It owned.

Yes, that would own

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
i was driving to a bar once when a woman stepped out into the highway. the car in front of me swerved to avoid her, hitting the car in the next lane, but still clipped her. she flew in the air for a second, then hit the ground head-first and slid backwards on the back of her skull, leaving a long trail of blood.

i got out and went over but she was very obviously very dead. her body was twisted horribly and her skull was pudding. she was wearing - you know those thin clear plastic gloves you wear in food service sometimes? those - and skeletally thin. it was a suicide, and she was on heroin.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes, that would own

after one of em was on the ground the other hastily got into his car and drove away.

A lot of people were watching, you kinda wonder how he thought he was going to get away with it

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

chernobyl kinsman posted:

just kill it with a rock like a man you huge pussy

There was only gravel around and I wasn't going to invest that much time into the situation.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

after one of em was on the ground the other hastily got into his car and drove away.

A lot of people were watching, you kinda wonder how he thought he was going to get away with it

Mutual combat I guess

Or else, maybe you could say he wasn't thinking

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

chernobyl kinsman posted:

i was driving to a bar once when a woman stepped out into the highway. the car in front of me swerved to avoid her, hitting the car in the next lane, but still clipped her. she flew in the air for a second, then hit the ground head-first and slid backwards on the back of her skull, leaving a long trail of blood.

i got out and went over but she was very obviously very dead. her body was twisted horribly and her skull was pudding. she was wearing - you know those thin clear plastic gloves you wear in food service sometimes? those - and skeletally thin. it was a suicide, and she was on heroin.

Why the gloves

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I saw a bicyclist run over a really big snake the other day. The snake got in his spokes or something and caused him to slow-motion crash his bike. This was on a bike path in denver, the snake just kinda slithered away towards the river

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I saw a guy bleed out after getting shot once. He just sort of stopped moving.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It began with a opened can of sphaghetios...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Police Automaton posted:

Was once near an airport while there were very heavy, hurricane like winds and saw a big Boeing make a landing. The plane was basically flying sideways and almost stood in the air for a moment (which was super surreal) because of the wind and was generally super wobbly. Everyone around me stopped talking and we were all just staring at the plane and I was expecting to see the thing crash and go up in flames but the pilot made it, even though it was obviously a rough landing. They closed the airport shortly afterwards because of the severe weather IIRC.

yeah, crosswind landings are crazy to watch. there's a ton of them on youtube. some of them are super nerve wracking to watch, especially the ones that take a long time then are aborted at the last second.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I saw some hit a Yahztee twice in a row like wtf are the odds.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Why the gloves

i have no idea. it was surreal

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
PYF death

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
At a gas station filling up when I heard a splashing sound. There was an unattended car filling up, probably with a hole in the gas tank near the top, gas spilling out, car full of kids.
Dumb lady runs up yelling "oh poo poo oh poo poo!" and shuts off the pump. I told her do NOT start that car & tell the attendant. Could have hosed up my day watching a car full of kids burn. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

Not making this poo poo up.

Downtown Toronto, middle of the night.

This seven foot tall black dude in a classy looking overcoat comes rollerblading towards us.

In his right hand, a hockey stick.

In his left hand, a giant dead pigeon.

And he's skating down the sidewalk holding the stick and pigeon like it's his staff and orb.

What the gently caress.

Toronto used to be a lot more interesting from what I remember when I was 19

Like Zanta (who is just living with his mom medicated into a stupor now)

Or the 55 year old business gentleman that would dress in thigh high gently caress me boots and parade around church st

I mean some of the usuals are still around I'm sure but not as active

My story - I was in the pool in Mexico on vacation , and the guy relaxing beside me just sort of goes limp and slips into the water completely.

I dragged him up onto the deck and some firefighters that were there ran over to help , we ended up doing cpr for probably 10 minutes before the ambulance arrived. They shoved him in the back and drove away without even looking at him.

I do remember seeing a couple big incision scars on his chest and neck , so he had obviously had some serious medical pokin' around going on , probably had a heart attack and just died

It's funny how the resort staff go from smiles and English to 'uhh no English' when you ask for something / anything ... like a glass of water to give the kids father who had tried to jump in and give mouth to mouth (He ended up with his dead sons half digested breakfast allover his mouth).

Also I bet the odds of at least 1 goon being involved in the countless murders listed here to be pretty high

Have a happy evening goons !

• Locked thread