Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Saw what I thought was a zombie in the road one night, in the middle of nowhere country road I was driving on out in the sticks of North Carolina's hill country. He was staggering and shambling and my headlights illuminated the blood around his mouth and chin.

Turned out it was just a super drunk redneck who had probably busted his nose up somehow, and he gave me the finger when I slowed down so I just swerved around him and continued on my way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I haven't witnessed anything, let alone something random.

kind of a weird, niche thread we have here.

oh well.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Last year, I noticed a weird, black line tracing down the front of my neck just under my Adam's Apple. I thought it my be a vein or something, and ignored it while cursing my encroaching old age.

Two weeks later, my wife notices it and I decided to play amateur surgeon and see what it was, given that it was dark black and no longer resembled a vein.

I dug at it with a hobby knife and some eyebrow tweezers. As it turns out, I had a hair that decided to grow sideways under my neck for about an inch. I pulled it out. It was the high point of my week.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I once watched a hawk drop a squirrel carcass onto the car in front of me. AFIK, it landed right on the windshield. The driver handled this by violently swerving into both lanes until she spun out in the dirt meridian.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

saw a bum duke it out with another bum for bumming rights to a bum corner on bum street in downtown denver

you know...that one street with all the bums

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
That seems to be a common thing at my local Meth-a-center too. I guess panhandlers don't like to share.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I've seen things wonderous to tell...like cow on the roof of a cotton house and an alligator snatch a photographer's tripod.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I was at my in-laws house dropping off some empty boxes, and in their driveway was a snake eating another snake. I got a short video of it.

I pulled the eatee snake out of the eater snakes mouth, and took them both home to help with my gopher problem.

I told my wife and she flipped the gently caress out and hasn't gone in the backyard since.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

MightyJoe36 posted:

In New York City, Times Square, in the late 70s (when it was still pretty nasty) around 2 in the morning. This dude walking down the sidewalk stops, steps between two parked cars, drops his pants, squats and takes a dump. Then he wipes his rear end with his shirt tail, pulls up his pants and walks away.

I seen this in Manhattan in 2009.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Short, chubby, old and naked. Riding a bicycle through a neighborhood. Gave zero fucks whatsoever about everyone stopping and looking at him.

I envy that squat little man

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Saw a goony looking man playing in the pool with several kids half his age. His pale rolls made him the designated whale and the kids dragged him to the bottom like so many orca

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I saw a deer run into a car on a dark two lane highway in the middle of nowhere Georgia at 2 am.

Like, the deer didn't get hit by the car; the deer ran into the car's driver-side door when the car stopped so as to avoid the deer. I almost hit the deer myself, but saw him running out of the woods on my right and slammed on the brakes. The other driver saw me and did the same, but the deer just kept sprinting right until it ran full-stride into the driver's door. Left a pretty huge dent in the door, too. The deer promptly ran into the dark of night.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i watched a dwarf on a considerable amount of booze and drugs run full speed out of a lift as the doors opened and smash face first into a giant glass window on the ground floor that was there instead of a wall then he got up, stumbled backwards at which point his jeans fell down and he tripped over them and fell over again

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I saw vultures eating the neighbor's dead pug. No idea how it died.

Ive seen a hawk carry off a baby bird that had wandered from its nest (the nest was above the neighbor's front door).

I've seen scorpions in my shoes. Silly little fellas.

I've seen coyotes knocking over trash cans.

I've found a bunch of bird bones. Bird skulls are pretty rad.

I've seen a rattlesnake hiding in the bushes in the neighbor's yard. I didn't tell them because I was worried that they'd hurt the snake and that snake was rad as hell.

I've seen vultures eating a dead cow or something on the side of the interstate out in Yuma.

I've seen vultures eating a lot of things, actually.

I hate living in Arizona but sometimes you get to see some cool things if you live in the places where they didn't build a bunch of suburbs.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

Arizona, you knew halfway through this whole post was about Arizona

You have my sincerest condolences. I went to Arizona a year ago and its in the top five saddest U.S. states.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

The Skeleton King posted:

I saw vultures eating the neighbor's dead pug. No idea how it died.

Ive seen a hawk carry off a baby bird that had wandered from its nest (the nest was above the neighbor's front door).

I've seen scorpions in my shoes. Silly little fellas.

I've seen coyotes knocking over trash cans.

I've found a bunch of bird bones. Bird skulls are pretty rad.

I've seen a rattlesnake hiding in the bushes in the neighbor's yard. I didn't tell them because I was worried that they'd hurt the snake and that snake was rad as hell.

I've seen vultures eating a dead cow or something on the side of the interstate out in Yuma.

I've seen vultures eating a lot of things, actually.

I hate living in Arizona but sometimes you get to see some cool things if you live in the places where they didn't build a bunch of suburbs.

If we can do animals:

I just recently was out in the woods. I came around a corner and lo and behold there was a freakin' wildcat in front of me. I clapped my hands really loud and started yelling non-sense noises at it and it ran away. Kinda got my blood pumpin'.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

You have my sincerest condolences. I went to Arizona a year ago and its in the top five saddest U.S. states.

It's a neat place, not to live in though. When your going northeast from phoenix to showlow there's a bunch of mountains covered in saguaro cactuses. At sunset it looks like the roads are surrounded by tall people with their arms in the air.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Once, in the parking lot of a church, I saw a vulture swinging a dead squirrel in circles above its head, having the time of its life

naem
May 29, 2011

Rad-daddio posted:

I once watched a hawk drop a squirrel carcass onto the car in front of me. AFIK, it landed right on the windshield. The driver handled this by violently swerving into both lanes until she spun out in the dirt meridian.

This reminds me, for a couple of years now someone has been skinning squirrels from the park and leaving the skins displayed neatly along my street. Like, it's a little bearskin rug with the head still on only it's s squirrel

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

naem posted:

This reminds me, for a couple of years now someone has been skinning squirrels from the park and leaving the skins displayed neatly along my street. Like, it's a little bearskin rug with the head still on only it's s squirrel

Have a lot of prostitutes gone missing lately?

naem
May 29, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

Have a lot of prostitutes gone missing lately?

If so someone is keeping their skins for themselves

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
Anyone ever see weird stuff in public restrooms?

There's always the dumb as poo poo kids that pull their pants to their ankles at the urinals but once I went into a men's room and saw two dudes at the toilet stall right by the entrance. White guy was sitting on the toilet with his pants down and the big black guy was standing at the open door of the stall, arms crossed staring at me as I walked in.

it was the most :yikes: moment of my life

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
Another time I went into a stall and saw someone left a huge creamy upper decker on the seat. I went to the next stall and it's the exact same thing, big and creamy with some poop even dropped on the floor. The venue had just opened not more than 10 minutes before I went into this restroom too. I've always wondered if it was the work of one great man or two guys that worked together with near perfect coordination.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i was on a treadmill at the gym recently and saw a crow catch a little bird and kill it. while it was busy eating something it pulled out of the little bird another crow stole the corpse

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Many years ago I sa doing over night security at a really bad complex of subsidized apartment buildings. Drugs , stabbings, all sorts of fun

We would always come across a pile of human poo poo at the too of one set of stairs, neatly coiled with a condom lying beside it

It became so frequent we would hunt for the phantom shitter

Never did catch them, but a short while later someone got stabbed to death in the bottom of that stair well , Maybe that was him ?

I moved onto another site shortly after

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
When I used to work in a pharmacy, we had a lady 'die' in a chair in our waiting room. She was middle-aged and (I assume) had some heart condition or some underlying cause, as she had just this hideous hacking cough / wheeze going on. Its been many many years so I forget what exactly happened, but we were calling her doctor about something and she was just hanging out wheezing her way through the wait. She would kind of fade in and out of it being loud enough to hear across the store, but in the 5~mins or whatever it took, she stopped wheezing, and basically breathing in general. Tech goes over, "hey lady, are you asleep?" no response. *poke poke* "Uh, poo poo, pharmacist you might want to check on her". Pharmacist gloves up, checks her neck for a pulse, and hollers at us to call 911 while he started CPR. Ambulance arrived in a few minutes, they threw her on a cart and wheeled her out. They basically had a paramedic jumping in the back to continue CPR while the other guy drove.

We know they were able to revive her either on the way, or AT the hospital, hence the 'died', but she had no pulse and wasnt breathing for at least a few minutes. Just very very strange situation, just to be sitting there going through your work day and see someone look like they nodded off for a nap, when really they just straight up stopped breathing.

She came back a few months later and didnt even acknowledge that she died in our waiting room.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lobsterboy posted:

When I used to work in a pharmacy, we had a lady 'die' in a chair in our waiting room. She was middle-aged and (I assume) had some heart condition or some underlying cause, as she had just this hideous hacking cough / wheeze going on. Its been many many years so I forget what exactly happened, but we were calling her doctor about something and she was just hanging out wheezing her way through the wait. She would kind of fade in and out of it being loud enough to hear across the store, but in the 5~mins or whatever it took, she stopped wheezing, and basically breathing in general. Tech goes over, "hey lady, are you asleep?" no response. *poke poke* "Uh, poo poo, pharmacist you might want to check on her". Pharmacist gloves up, checks her neck for a pulse, and hollers at us to call 911 while he started CPR. Ambulance arrived in a few minutes, they threw her on a cart and wheeled her out. They basically had a paramedic jumping in the back to continue CPR while the other guy drove.

We know they were able to revive her either on the way, or AT the hospital, hence the 'died', but she had no pulse and wasnt breathing for at least a few minutes. Just very very strange situation, just to be sitting there going through your work day and see someone look like they nodded off for a nap, when really they just straight up stopped breathing.

She came back a few months later and didnt even acknowledge that she died in our waiting room.

Well, would you admit to dying in public. That's just embarrassing

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

So embarrassed I'd rather die, in fact

Captain Windex
Apr 10, 2005
It'll clean anything.
Pillbug
About 10 years ago I was walking home across campus from my college job when I came across a small gathering of students in the visitor parking lot outside of one of the dorms. In the middle of this group of onlookers was a guy lying on his side in the fetal position slowly rocking back and forth while completely naked. He was sucking the thumb of his left hand while 4 fingers of his right were busy jackhammering away at his rear end in a top hat with impressive ferocity. This had apparently been going on for 10 or so minutes before I got there and it was another 10 before an ambulance and EMTs showed up to cart him away. A few hundred people probably saw this since it was a high traffic area but I checked the student and local papers for the next few days and never found mention of the incident.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

One semester during my walk to my morning classes I ran across a pair of crows that would always hang out. One of them would perch on top of the stop sign just off of campus and caw at me as I walked past. One morning I'm walking to class by the stop sign and a squirrel runs past with a whole cafeteria cookie. It was kind of half dragging half carrying the cookie. The crow on the stop sign hops down and starts trying to grab the cookie from the squirrel. The squirrel showed a little bit of backbone and made that gross squirrel noise at the first crow. Second crow flies down off of a roof top in back of the squirrel and gooses it by biting it on the base of the tail/rear end in a top hat. Squirrel jumps vertically about two feet and first crow grabs the cookie. Both of the crows fly off and I can only assume share or fight over the cookie. I know crows are smart, but that was impressive teamwork.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
saw a Japanese dude in Tokyo just saunter up to a public square, drop a boombox on the ground, hit play, and sing along to the entirety of u2's Joshua Tree album. It was amazing because he had clearly just learned it all phonetically and didn't actually speak English

Also once while driving in New Hampshire on the kancamagus highway at night I saw a dude on the ground, slumped up against his still-running car which was over in a little rest area. It looked like his intestines were hanging out

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Riptor posted:

saw a Japanese dude in Tokyo just saunter up to a public square, drop a boombox on the ground, hit play, and sing along to the entirety of u2's Joshua Tree album. It was amazing because he had clearly just learned it all phonetically and didn't actually speak English

lol i've seen this so much that i've gotten jaded and it's become like "ya so"

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Today I was driving to a bar in the city and drove past a cordoned-off crime scene where I assume someone was shot. A cop picked up I guess a spent casing and then it dropped out of his hands and rolled away, he chased it and picked it up, and then he put it back down and marked it like nothing happened

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i saw a homeless man in a wheelchair beating a homeless girl with a cane because she stole his 2c-i

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

naem posted:

That's pretty fascinating. I'd imagine it's some bored hipster.

....either that, or you live on Pick's street. Doesn't she do strange taxidermy stuff?

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

moose face posted:

I was downtown and i saw this really intense, skinny, kinda grubby looking guy stalking a group of pigeons. He was hunched over and creeping up slowly on them like, and the pigeons just kept the pace ahead of him walking quickly and keeping their distance. Without any warning he charged into the group of pigeons and they panicked. They flew in every direction simultaneously.

The man did a sort of scissor kick into the fray and landed on all fours with his back to the ground. He had caught a pigeon with the kick and it was skittering around on the pavement shrieking. It was all hosed up. The man walked up to it and calmly grabbed it. He whispered something into the pigeons ear which i could not hear on account of the distance between us then he held it above his head by its wings and tore the pigeon into two pieces.

One wing ripped off while the other remained attached to its body and as the pigeon lay dying the man lit a cigarette and walked off down the street

Saw some pigeon stalking the other day myself. Some dude in a truck in front of me was sort of laughing and then pointed my way and i was like "what the gently caress is your problem" until I realized he was pointing past me. A well dressed indian man that was sitting on a bench near a bus stop sort of shouting inanities had jumped up and was hunched over creeping on pigeons, calling them "little bastards" and taking swipes.

none ripped to shreds for the blood god afaik

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

That Robot posted:

who shot him?

did he die "for reals"?

they did not catch him, there were a bunch of helicopters and poo poo, but nothing came of it.

yes he died for reals. shot twice in the head and once in the arm while sitting in his car.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Junk posted:

i saw a homeless man in a wheelchair beating a homeless girl with a cane because she stole his 2c-i

thats fair but how did a homeless man afford 2ci

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

naem posted:

the way this and my post about my friends accidentally finding someone's hosed up vivisection lab got glossed over makes me question gbs posters mental health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I saw 2 jetliners miss by less than half a second just a few hundred yards up from where I was standing in Mexico and it freaked me out. One of them throttled super hard right after in some kind of o poo poo moment.

• Locked thread