Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
One time as a kid in Dayton OH we were driving home when we passed a gas station with a car parked on the edge of the lot near the road and it had thick rubbery black smoke just pouring out of all four windows with the occasional orange flame curling out from beneath the roof.

People were getting gas and carrying on like usual, no fire trucks nearby, nobody even acknowledging the car on fire by the side of the road. The car I was in drove on when the light changed and I had/still have no clue what to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Streak posted:

i saw a young bird drown

I've had ~5-10 separate experiences where I'll randomly look down and see a dead baby bird on the ground, usually after a rainstorm, but not always, and not always directly underneath a tree.

Does anybody besides me have this issue??

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
nyc has been a goldmine of overseen and overheard rarities for the two years Ive lived here:

-two dudes whacking a busted a/c unit with their hands and fists outside a bodega while the owner watches from the safety window
-well dressed gent with tie and briefcase doing a big bowl hit of fresh packed spice before getting cozy and zonked out on a random stoop
-guy smoking a spice blunt between subway cars as it goes over the williamsburg bridge
-homeless lady taking snapchat selfies

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SeXReX posted:

I was riding my bike on a path that runs parallel to a fairway at the golf course. Someone hosed up and went way left and the ball knocked the fountain drink out of my hand.

When I was a kid riding in the car with my parents a stray golf ball bOunced off our neon booger colored dodge neon and I got to witness my dad pull over and yell insults at the golfers for not keeping their balls on the goddamn fairway

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
On the subway just the other week I saw a man with a backpack full of plastic grocery bags. He had one in his lap and would tear off a long strip, wad the strip up in his mouth and chew, then pull the soggy plastic back out and weave it into a thin sinewy rope with the other strips he'd been chewing.

Guy already had easily ten feet of grocery bag spit rope coiled in a neat pile between his feet when I got on the train, and he had other segments of multicolored spit rope incorporated into his outfit.

• Locked thread