Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Since this seems to have turned into Faces of Death: The Thread, I have an appropriate story to share.

I was hanging out in downtown San Francisco. A public bus turns the corner, but makes the turn a little too tight, as buses do all the time in the crowded downtown streets. The back wheel of the bus hops the curb for about a foot or two. Nobody paid it any attention except this one middle-aged lady, who got on her phone and in a thick midwestern accent says "you'll never believe what I just saw!" and proceeds to describe the bus hopping the curb a little like it's the most interesting damned thing ever. Keep in mind this is downtown San Fran so it's a freak show on every block.

Now that I actually read it, I guess that anecdote wasn't really on the Faces of Death theme, after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I saw a ride his bike into traffic, right into the side of the car
She didn't call the police or an ambulance or anything, and seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole deal. Free range parenting or something.

What? Why would the police or ambulance be needed for a boy who scooted into a car and scraped his chin? I feel like either you left out an important detail or I really want to hear about the times you've called emergency services

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I.C. posted:

There was a shirtless guy doing push-ups on a concrete median by the highway on-ramp the other day. I was thinking this was his spanging technique, but he was doing it while the light was red and everyone was stopped, so then I thought he might just really be into fitness or something.

Based on the many times I've seen it, when you see someone shirtless doing pushups in a weird place, the cause is always meth

• Locked thread