Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

There's a fast food restaurant in Ybor City on a surface street next to the interstate (12th and 21st, I think). The whole lot slopes down to the streets adjacent to it for drainage, leaving the back parking lot with a "hump". So I'm there bringing a stack of buns down the ramp of a breadvan with a hand truck. This poo poo is heavy and wobbly at the best of times, it's important to look behind you to see where the ramp ends. Across the parking lot, a tow truck pulls up dragging a '90s Skylark. Just as the driver gets out the Skylark slips off the tow dolly, and starts rolling on down the alley towards the street. He doesn't see this, but I do. I am booking it backwards down the ramp with 175lbs of buns, because I can't really stop to yell at him what's going on. Dude kinda stands there, looking at me probably about to hurt myself. I skid to a stop on the asphalt, point to the car and yell, "CAR, CAR, CAR!". Even though it's too late, he goes running after the Buick. Luckily there are no cars coming, no one in the building across the road, no one else to get hurt or see what's happening, just him and I. The car trundles across the street, back up the grass slope, stopping just short of this big brick and iron fence. Pure luck! Be mindful of your load if you tow anything, even when you park!

Another time I have to go through the front door of the same place to collect the bill. There's something like a tiny dog on top/inside of a bush next to the front door shivering away. What the poo poo, let's grab a stick and see what this critter is and what it's doing. Yup, it's a big old rat, sick or injured. Management in the place wants nothing to do with it, guy just shrugs when I tell him. You can be sure someone got a real nice surprise when they found where the rat got moved to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread