Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales
I was standing outside of UNSW waiting for my friend to rock up so we could go inside for the gig at the roundhouse.

It was kinda dusky, and heaps of uni students were leaving the uni. I was leaning against a bollard right next to a set of lights. This person all covered up (it was winter) walked past me with headphones in, and straight onto the road. A car smashes straight into the person and they do about 3 horizontal flips in the air right in front of me. This was all about 5 meters in front of me.

I was totally stunned. The car stopped, all these people ran over to help and this old guy gets out of the car and is all dazed and confused. I am pretty sure he ran a red but I couldn't tell you that for sure.

I have no idea who the person was who was hit, if they were male or female, or if they lived or whatever. I kept checking the news but never saw anything come up. I still feel bad about how I froze, and I will never get that image of the person flipping in the air out of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales
I visited the USA (from Australia) in 2009. I got to visit my first ever Wal Mart (yay) and really wanted some cheap socks.

I was in the sock area, and could not see any ankle socks, just heaps of long socks. I was checking everything intensely when this guy came up next to me. He was black, tall and skinny and he asked me if I needed help.

I told him I am not from around here and just wanted some socks. He was amused by my accent and told me he works here and that they don't have what I want.

I was about to say ok cool thanks mate when he pulled out a box cutter and ripped open the packaging of this HDMI cable he was holding. He shoved the cable down his pants and then just walked off.

• Locked thread